This Strawberry Granola Mini Trifle Recipe Is Perfect For A Valentine’s Day Treat and Makes The Perfect After School Snack Anytime Of Year!
Strawberry Granola Mini Trifle Recipe
So, as I was rummaging around in my ‘fridge the other day looking for a snack I stumbled into this. I’ve been writing about trying to eat healthier quite a bit lately, right? When I saw the fresh strawberries and Greek yogurt, I thought why not make myself a pretty tasty treat that made me feel like I was cheating but still kept me on track?
Because, that scale doesn’t lie no matter how much I beg and bribe it. This Strawberry Granola Mini Trifle perfectly hit the spot! My sweet tooth was happy and my waistline thanked me as well! Here’s all you need to do.
Strawberry Granola Mini Trifle Easy Valentine's Day Treat
- 1 large container of plain Greek yogurt. I use Greek but vanilla works well too
- Red food coloring
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries diced
- 1 package of granola I used Kind Maple flavor
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to the yogurt making it a pretty pink color.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of granola into the bottom of each mini trifle dish.
- Top with a few tablespoons of yogurt and then strawberries.
- Repeat until you reach the top and garnish with more strawberries.
Pretty right? And really, my Strawberry Granola Mini Trifle did make me feel a bit like a cheater from the healthy eating gig. But I totally wasn’t! They would make an awesome after school snack for the kids too. Just skip the food coloring. Or, let them help and add their own favorite color. Either way, it’s all good! 1 pound of strawberries/1 package of granola makes approximately 6 mini trifles. I still had a lot of yogurt leftover. Wonder what I could whip up with the rest of it?
** Serving Tip – Don’t have mini trifle dishes? Use 8 oz mason jars instead!