This Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup Recipe is just perfect for upcoming Saint Patrick’s Day – or year-round!
Shown is leftover corned beef, cooked, and cut into small pieces. If your meat is raw, brown it in two tablespoons oil in a pan on the stove before adding to the slow cooker. This recipe can easily be halved. You can also substitute all sorts of veggies. Try adding frozen corn near the end of cooking, frozen peas, swap potato for parsnips. It’s so versatile!
The ingredients for this Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup Recipe are super simple, and it’s such an easy recipe to make! I use my slow cooker for all sorts of recipes, it makes throwing together a delicious meal so hassle-free. If you’re a work from home person or a busy mom, workaholic – slow cookers make making dinner easier for everyone!
Just throw everything into the slow cooker in the morning and you come home to a home cooked meal, saving money on those nights when you’re too tired to cook and are tempted to order takeout!
Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup Recipe
- 2 cups leftover beef roast/meat, cooked and cubed
- 2-32oz containers of beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 stalks celery, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1-15 ounce can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss everything, except the stewed tomatoes into the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Heat on low 8-9 hours or high, 4-6 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, stir in the tomatoes. Remove bay leaf and discard before serving.