My mouth is watering thinking of this Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars recipe. Dense, delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter…yep, I might be drooling just a little bit! This just may become my new go-to recipe when I am craving something chocolaty and sweet…usually it’s brownies or this chocolate chip cookie recipe! It’s time for a change, though, don’t ya think? I mean, seriously, how can you go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate?! It’s a match made in heaven…and in your oven!
These are so rich! And make an entire 9×13 pan so you get about 35 bars, but trust me, they will go quick no matter where you take them – or if you leave them at home!
Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars Recipe
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- 2 eggs
- 1 pkg chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Heat oven to 325
- In a mixing bowl, add cake mix, butter, peanut butter and eggs. Mix with beater for about a minute, combining all ingredients well. Set aside 1-1/2 cups batter. Evenly press remaining batter into a 9x13 pan using your fingers.
- On the stove, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Use medium heat and stir constantly so the chocolate doesn't burn. When completely melted, remove from heat and pour into 9x13 pan. Spread chocolate evenly.
- Using reserved batter, place cake mixture on top of chocolate. I used my fingers to grab a small chunk of batter and place on top of the chocolate.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
To cut into the Peanut Butter Chocolate bars, use a metal spatula and loosen the bar edges all the way around the edge of the pan. Cut into about 35 bars (5 rows x 7 rows) and serve. I found a sharp knife to be the best way to cut, and dragging it seemed to work well. Store covered if not serving right away.