This Crispy, Chewy Chocolate Chip M&M’s Cookies Recipe just might change your life. It’s that good. Rich dark chocolate chips, crunchy M&M’s, a crispy outer later and a chewy, soft center? This is the PERFECT COOKIE, folks!
Perfect, I tell ya!
These Crispy, Chewy Chocolate Chip M&M’s Cookies have two secret ingredients…well, they won’t be so secret after I tell you what they are, but they’ll be a secret between you and everyone who asks you about these incredibly delicious cookies!
Don’t tell them!
The first secret is that instead of butter, this Chocolate Chip M&M’s Cookies Recipe calls for vegetable shortening. I normally try to use baking substitutes to cut down on calories, fat and sugar – but sometimes you just have to go for it and indulge.
Not all the time.
Which leads me to my second secret: this recipe calls for milk – I know, right?! The milk usually comes AFTER you’ve baked the cookies. Well, instead of adding milk, I added Fat Free & Sugar Free International Delight coffee creamer. Seriously, all that vegetable shortening lends enough fat to this recipe, we don’t need any extra! It gives a tiny bit of extra flavor, but it’s just enough to take these cookies from awesome to OMGAWESOME.
I got this recipe from an old cookbook, Grandma’s Old-Fashioned Cookies. Check it out!
Crispy, Chewy Chocolate Chip M&M’s Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening (I use Crisco)
- 2 teaspoons of Fat Free & Sugar Free International Delight coffee creamer
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon on baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of M&Ms
- 1 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (you can use regular milk chocolate if you like)
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat all ingredients EXCEPT flour, M&Ms and chocolate chips until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Add flour and beat at medium speed for about 30 seconds, until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- NOTE: When you pull them out of the oven, they will NOT look “done” at all. They will be really light and dough-y. Do not put them back into the oven!! Let them sit on the cookie sheet for about a minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool. Once they begin to cool, you’ll notice them start to turn golden and firm up a lot.
- Fat Free & Sugar Free Toasted Hazelnut
- Fat Free & Sugar Free French Vanilla
- Fat Free & Sugar Free Caramel Crème
- Fat Free & Sugar Free Caramel Marshmallow
- Fat Free & Sugar Free Chocolate Almond Biscotti
Yum, right? I wish that my local grocery store had some of the other flavors, so far I’ve only found the caramel marshmallow.
Are you looking for ways to be healthier this year? You can cut calories, eat healthier foods and make small changes in your lifestyle that can lead to big results!
Of course you can start by using International Delight Fat Free & Sugar Free Coffee Creamers, but there are other ways too! When you go grocery shopping, park farther away from the store so that you get a little walk in. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, take a quick stroll around the office complex during your lunch break. Instead of a soda in the afternoon, drink a glass of ice water or unsweetened ice tea.
For more “Better for You” tips, check out the International Delight website!
Get Fun Coffee Creamer Stuff in Your Email!
You can also sign up for the International Delight newsletter here to receive coupons from International Delight and be advised of new giveaways!
You can find where to buy the new International Delight Fat Free & Sugar Free coffee creamers here.
For more information on these great tasting, fat free and sugar free coffee creamers, you can browse through the International Delight website here: InternationalDelight.com/Creamer.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.