These Dutch oven biscuits are the easiest biscuits you'll ever make, and they're made with a secret ingredient - Sprite! They are flaky, buttery, and just perfect.
If you've ever wanted to make homemade biscuits but were a little intimidated by the process, then follow this recipe. It's a no-fail, easy recipe that comes out perfectly every single time.
Why You'll Love Dutch Oven Biscuits
These Dutch oven biscuits are so good! If you've never made them, you need to! They are super easy and buttery, dense, flaky, and the crunch on the bottom just makes them delicious!
These are so good!
What If You Don't Have A Dutch Oven?
If you don't have a dutch oven, you can also make adapt this Dutch Oven Biscuits recipe by using a 9x13 pan. Please note that they don't have to touch when you put them into the pan.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE RECIPE CARD?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips and similar recipe ideas, hit the Jump to Recipe button for the printable recipe card.Jump to Recipe
Baker's Notes About Homemade Biscuits
You will most likely get 12 biscuits but I didn't cram 12 in the pan, so you see 10. It's important to make sure they are thick when you cut the biscuits.
More Easy Bread Recipes
I have a lot of recipes for bread, rolls, and other baked goods here on the blog. My favorite one is the easy cheesy biscuits recipe.
Browse my recipes and pick out something new to make as a side dish for whatever you're making for dinner.
How To Make Dutch Oven Biscuits
They are ready before you know it! Here's everything you need to know so that you can make the flakiest, best-tasting biscuits.
Ingredients for Dutch Oven Biscuits
- 1 stick, ½ cup, butter
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for cutting dough)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small can, 8 oz, lemon-lime soda such as sprite or 7-up
GET ALL OF YOUR COOKING AND BAKING SUPPLIES ON AMAZON.COM!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Directions For Flaky Dutch Oven Biscuits
Place a stick of butter into the bottom of a Dutch oven pan. Place into a cold oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove from oven after about 6-8 minutes or when butter is melted. Set the Dutch oven aside.
Add flour, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl. Use a pastry blender to cut in sour cream.
Stir in soda and mix dough.
Dough will be sticky.
Using your hands, knead dough in the bowl, there's usually some flour in the bottom that needs to be mixed in.
Place dough onto a floured surface and shape until you have about an 8" round of dough, about 1-½" thick,
Use a 2-½ inch round cutter to cut biscuits and place them into the dutch oven filled with butter.
Biscuits can touch on the sides.
Bake for 25-28 minutes or until tops are browned. Remove from oven and let stand to cool slightly before removing and serving warm.
This recipe makes 10-12 biscuits.
Can I Freeze The Dutch Oven Biscuits?
Yes, you can freeze the biscuits after you bake them. Place them in a freezer-safe food storage bag and remove all the air before putting it in the freezer.
Then, let them thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Place the frozen biscuits on a baking sheet and reheat them in the oven at 350F for about 10 minutes.
Share this Dutch Oven Biscuits Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Dutch Oven Biscuits recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
To print this Dutch Oven Biscuits Recipe, please click the printable recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Dutch Oven Biscuits
- Place stick of butter into the bottom of a dutch oven pan.
- Place into a cold over and preheat oven to 425.
- Remove from oven after about 6-8 minutes or when butter is melted. Set dutch oven aside.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl. Use a pastry blender to cut in sour cream.
- Stir in soda and mix dough. Dough will be sticky.
- Using your hands, knead dough in the bowl, there's usually some flour in the bottom that needs to be mixed in.
- Place dough onto a floured surface and shape until you have about an 8" round of dough, about 1-½" thick,
- Use a 2-½ inch round cutter to cut biscuits and place them into the dutch oven filled with butter. Biscuits can touch on the sides.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until tops are browned. Remove from oven and let stand to cool slightly before removing and serving warm.