The only thing better than puppy chow – or muddy buddies, if you prefer to call them that – is MORE puppy chow. And more chocolate…and maybe some mint too! In honor of St Patrick’s Day, we got a little creative and skipped the “Let’s Green all the Things” for today’s recipe and came up with this super delicious Double Chocolate Mint Puppy Chow recipe!
Yum, right? Double chocolate, double your fun…and cake mix always throws a really fun flavor profile into your puppy chow recipe, like with this Cake Batter Puppy Chow recipe I shared with you guys last year.
Double Chocolate Mint Puppy Chow
- 12 oz packge of Wilton mint chocolate candy melts
- 9 C. Chex cereal, any variety will work
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix, any brand
- 2 large Ziploc-type bags
- Pour the mint chocolate candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in 30 second increments until completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the cereal (see photo). Using a large spoon, stir the chocolate and cereal together to evenly coat the cereal (see photo).
- Divide the chocolate cake mix evenly between the 2 resealable bags.
- Pour the chocolate coated cereal into the bags. Seal the bags and shake to completely coat the cereal with chocolate cake mix.
- Allow the mixture to cool and store in an airtight container.
How would you serve this Double Chocolate Mint Puppy Chow? At your St Patrick’s Day party? As a super fun movie night treat? Or just fill a cookie jar with it and enjoy a little indulgent snack…whenever?