This Buttery Dill Potatoes Recipe makes the perfect side dish to any home cooked meal.
They are a great alternative to making a simple baked potato, or even mashed potatoes, along with a hearty meat as your main dish.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Buttery Dill Potatoes Recipe
I know it's probably still super cold and snowy where most of you are still. But, that's about to change real quick! Spring is right around the corner. Today, I have the perfect side dish for these cold days as well as the upcoming warm weather dinners.
These butter dill potatoes are so tasty and savory, they will forever be a family favorite! absolutely love the flavor of dill - hello! Dill pickles are the bee's knees! - but I haven't done much experimenting when it comes to cooking with dill in either the fresh or dried variety.
These Buttery Dill Potatoes are perfect all year long. It got my picky kiddos stamp of approval, so you know it must be good!
Why you will love this Buttery Dill Potatoes Side Dish
There's a popular nationwide restaurant that makes a really tasty similar Dill Potatoes side dish, they add a touch of smashed garlic.
I have made this recipe both ways and each go over very well with the family and friends! So if you are a garlic lover, I definitely recommend that you smash 1 or 2 cloves into the melted butter before you begin pouring it onto the potatoes.
Where can I find the recipe card?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips and similar recipe ideas, hit the Jump to Recipe button for the printable recipe card.Jump to Recipe
Looking for other Side Dish recipes to serve alongside my super simple side dish recipe?
Check out these delicious side dish recipes that I have shared over the years. They are all tried and true recipes that I have made over the years, or my trusty food writers have made.
I think you will love them all! Of course, this is just a small selection of breakfast and brunch recipes, but we have LOTS and lots of recipes on the blog that are perfect for breakfast and brunch– just type “side dish” into the search bar on the right hand side of the screen and they will pop up for you!
- Crockpot Baked Potatoes Recipe
- An Easy Cheesy Biscuits Recipe
- Bean Salad with Fried Kalamata Olives
- Green Beans with Garlic & Tomato Recipe
- Sheetpan Ranch Potatoes Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Garlic Bacon Potatoes
- Shaved Brussel Spouts & Parmesan Salad
- Swiss Chard and Bacon Casserole
- Butternut Squash Casserole Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Pie Recipe
How to make this Buttery Dill Potatoes Recipe
Ingredients needed to make this simple side dish recipe:
- 2-3 pounds of New or Fingerling Potatoes
- ¼ cup Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Dill Weed
- Pepper (optional)
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Directions for making this side dish recipe:
Wash potatoes and place them in a large saucepan on the stovetop.
Cover with water and boil on a medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and cooked through.
Drain the water from the potatoes.
The potatoes do not need to be fully dried before adding the butter.
Place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix the butter, salt, and dried dill (and pepper if desired).
Pour over the cooked potatoes and stir gently until all of the potatoes are coated. Serve immediately.
Share this Buttery Dill Potatoes with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Buttery Dill Potatoes recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
To print this Quick And Easy Buttery Dill Potatoes Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Warm Buttery Dill Potatoes Recipe
- 2 Pounds of New or Fingerling Potatoes
- ¼ cup Butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Dried Dill Weed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes and place them in a large stockpot on the stove top.
- Cover with cold water and boil on a medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Fork should easily pierce through potato.
- Drain the water from the potatoes.
- Place in a large serving bowl.
- **The potatoes do not need to be fully dried before adding the butter mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, salt, pepper and dried dill. Pour over the cooked potatoes and stir gently until all of the potatoes are coated. Serve hot.<p>