This Bacon and Cheese Ball takes the classic cheese ball to the next level and is the best party appetizer recipe!
I took a classic cheese ball recipe and absolutely loaded it up with real bacon bits for a kick of smoky bacon flavor in every bite.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bacon and Cheese Ball
This delicious cheese ball variation is one of my favorite appetizers to bring to any occasion. It's full of classic, rich cheese ball flavors like cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onions, garlic, and chopped pecans. Then, I give it a little boost of bacon!
This is the perfect appetizer for any occasion, from game day parties to potlucks, holiday gatherings, and everything in between.
Why You'll Love This Bacon and Cheese Ball
- It uses simple ingredients you can find in your kitchen or grocery store.
- It's an easy recipe that only takes a few minutes to make.
- It's a rich, smoky appetizer that's perfect for any occasion.
- It has so much bacon in it!
Are you looking for more easy appetizers like our Bacon and Cheese Ball?
We love making easy appetizer recipes, like our most delicious Antipasti Appetizers!
How to Make This Bacon and Cheese Ball
Making this cheese ball couldn't be easier. Just make a quick trip to the store to grab what you need, then head to the kitchen. You'll be in and out in just a few minutes because there are very few steps involved!
Everything you need to make this recipe is listed right here, but you'll find the exact amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Cream cheese
- Shredded triple cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits
- Chopped pecans
- Sliced scallions
- Milk (of your choice)
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Black crushed pepper, to taste
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Like most cheese balls, this recipe is super easy to make. It just requires a little mixing, and then you coat it. That's it!
The recipe overview is here, but be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact instructions.
1: Mix the cheeses, seasonings, and milk in a bowl. Then, add half of the bacon bits, scallions, and pecans.
2: Roll into a ball, then wrap with plastic wrap and chill.
3: Roll the ball in the remaining bacon bits, scallions, and pecans until coated.
4: Chill until ready to serve.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use your favorite variety of cheddar cheese for this recipe.
- For something a little different, try adding pimento cheese to the mix.
- If you're feeling fancy, cook and crumble fresh bacon.
- For an extra kick of flavor and heat, add diced jalapenos to the cheese ball.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
How to Store Leftover Bacon and Cheese Ball
Refrigerator: Store for up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
Freezer: Wrap tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil. Then, freeze for up to a month.
- Mix the cheeses and milk first to ensure the base of the cheese ball is well combined before adding the remaining ingredients.
- An electric mixer is the easiest way to mix your cheese ball ingredients.
- Be sure to chop your pecans into small pieces for easy eating.
A cheese ball is an appetizer made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, scallions, and garlic powder, formed into a ball, and coated with pecans.
The cheese ball is said to have been created in 1801 by farmer, Elisha Brown, Jr. The story goes that the cheeseball was presented to President Thomas Jefferson and weighed over 1,000 pounds.
Cheese balls pair well with crackers, vegetables, mini bagels, pita bread, pretzels, and the like.
You can add a variety of mix-ins to your cheese ball base. Try mixing in bacon, chopped nuts, or pimento cheese.
Share this Bacon and Cheese Ball with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Bacon and Cheese Ball recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
To print this Bacon and Cheese Ball, click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Bacon and Cheese Ball
- In a medium-size bowl add the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, all seasoning, and milk. Mix with a hand mixer, until well combined.
- Then add half of the bacon bits, half of the scallions, and half of the pecans. Make sure to chop those in smaller pieces first.
- Put a piece of saran wrap on the counter and put the cheese ball in it. Then fully wrap it up with the saran wrap and form it into a ball.
- Put the cheeseball in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, add the remaining chopped pecans, bacon bits and scallions.
- Remove cheeseball from the fridge.
- Roll the cheeseball around in the prepared shallow bowl and make sure the whole ball is coated with the remaining coating.
- Serve with crackers, or anything else of your choice.