I was raised in a “meat and potatoes” household. Red meat and potatoes were on the menu four to five nights a week and meat was always included in every meal, with the exception of breakfast. It wasn’t until I met my future husband’s family that I realized people didn’t have meat with every meal. Unfortunately I never found meatless meals able to fully satisfy my hunger, so I steered clear of them…
When I became responsible for cooking for my own family, I started experimenting with more lean-meat dinners. I enjoy incorporating new flavors into our menu each week and watching Angeline expand her pallet. Then I was challenged by Silk to the #MeatlessMondayNight Challenge. Adopting a more plant-based diet can start with making a change just one day a week – so why not start by sidelining meat during Monday Night Football games this season? Not only can plant-based diets be good for people and better for the planet, but as we learned, they taste amazing too! I decided to keep it simple for my first dish and went with a Meatless Black Bean Chili Recipe! Plus, since I like doing the dishes about as much as I like doing my taxes, I turned this recipe into a one-pot meal just for you, you can thank me later!
One-Pot Meatless Black Bean Chili Recipe
30 Minute, One-Pot Meatless Black Bean Chili Recipe #MeatlessMondayNight
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves fresh chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 15-oz cans black beans, do not strain.
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans, do not strain.
- 1 tbs parsley
- 1 can sweet corn drained.
- 4 Finely Chopped Basil Leaves
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 28-oz can diced Italian tomatoes, with juice
- 1/4 cup Silk Original Soy Milk
- 2 cups tomato juice
- Saute first three ingredients about 5 minutes until onions caramelize in a medium size pot.
- Add both cans of beans and 1 Tbsp chili powder to the pot. Cook on medium high for about 15 minutes or until the water has boiled out of the beans. Stir occasionally to keep beans from settling.
- Add remaining ingredients and allow to simmer on low for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
One of the things I love about this One-Pot Meatless Black Bean Chili Recipe is that it’s thick and hearty. Your kids won’t even notice the absence of meat!
Fall is such a busy time of year and I know that we are all looking for quick and easy recipes – this recipes only takes 30 minutes BUT if you have the time to let it stew in the slow cooker all day it only gets more delicious!
You can find more meatless and dairy-free recipes at www.silk.com/sidelinemeat. Plus, enter for a chance to win a giveaway!
You can find SILK products near you by using this store locator.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.