Valentine’s Day is all about the love. What better way to show your love for your friends and family than with heart shaped cookies? This Frosted Chocolate Heart Cookies Recipe is so easy to make that the kids can help, and they make great treats for school parties…if your schools still allow you to bring homemade baked goods to parties! With all of the allergies today, I know that many schools only allow pre-packaged treats for school functions. If that’s the case in your school, no worries – these chocolate heart cookies make great gifts for your loved ones too, or just a fun treat for your family at home on Valentine’s Day!
I love chocolate almost as much as I love cookies, so this frosted chocolate hearts cookies recipe is pretty much the perfect combination for me! The frosting adds a sweet – and pretty – touch that will excite the kids.
All kids love frosting, right?
You can even make the cookies yourself and set them out for the kids to frost and decorate on their own as a fun after school activity. The kids will be so excited to help make their own after school treat!
What better way to celebrate a day all about love with your family than by making a sweet treat together?
Valentine’s Day Cookies – Frosted Chocolate Hearts Cookies Recipe
Valentine's Day Frosted Chocolate Heart Cookies
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 stick Butter softened
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and sugar. Add in the egg, vanilla and butter and stir until mixed well. You may need to add slightly less or more flour to this recipe to make it not-sticky depending on your altitude. Add in enough flour to make the dough workable.
- Flour the counter top or a flat surface that you can work on and roll out the dough. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. Place the cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a baking rack. Decorate with frosting, powdered sugar, sprinkles, or just enjoy plain.