This post is sponsored by Chase Ultimate Rewards. The content and opinions expressed below are that of TheRebelChick.
The fall season is here for most of the country, but down here in Miami, it’s summertime year-round! Many people use the winter to visit those places that offer a little break from the cooling temperatures of fall and the snow and sleet of winter. As I live in a subtropical climate and have spent many vacations traveling around the Caribbean, I want to share 3 Warm Weather Winter Destinations that I think would be perfect for all of the Northern and Midwesterners who’d like a little sunshine in their lives during these fall and winter months!
3 Warm Weather Winter Destinations
Key West is my top destination when I want a little sun and fun. Now, of course it’s just a short drive away for me, but it’s easily accessible by planes from around the country – and you don’t need a passport to enjoy this fabulous Caribbean-style destination.
I’ve been all over the Caribbean and I can tell you firsthand that Key West is as close as you can get to the Caribbean without a passport. Water sports, Caribbean cuisine (and an amazing foodie scene in general), plenty of sunshine, boutique shops, local artisan crafts – you’ll find the flavor of the Caribbean in Key West!
And those sunsets? The most beautiful I’ve seen ANYWHERE, and I’ve traveled all over the world.
Key West is a great destination for a quick romantic weekend getaway, a family vacation, or even a girl’s getaway trip. You can spend the day on the ocean with snorkeling and kayaking tours, party the nights away doing the Duval Crawl or simply lounge beneath the palm trees and soak it all in.
Daytona Beach is another one of my favorite beach destinations. Daytona Beach offers gorgeous beaches, plenty of fun, a boardwalk full of entertainment – there’s even an amusement park right on the boardwalk! It’s one of the few places in South Florida where you can actually surf and the only place you can drive your car ON THE BEACH!
Daytona Beach is a fantastic place to take the family during the fall and winter months, with plenty of activities for the entire family and plenty of sunshine.
When you’re ready to leave the country, Curacao is where I recommend you set your sights on. The sun is always shining in Curacao, the cuisine is unlike any I’ve had in the rest of the Caribbean (except one of its sister islands, Aruba), and because it’s a Dutch Island, you’ll find that everyone speaks English, which can be a worry for some American travelers when leaving the country.
Curacao offers some of the best snorkeling and Scuba diving in the world, the nightlife is hopping, and their food scene is TO DIE FOR. I spent three days in Curacao last year and gained 2 lbs. I am not even kidding.
Travel guides from Chase Ultimate Rewards make it easier for cardholders to find and book all parts of their travel. With these curated travel guides, it’s easier than ever to book hotels, car rentals, and more. I use it, and it’s been a real time saver for me considering how often I travel…you guys know that I travel almost weekly, right? Yes, I’d say that counts as a lot!
Travel Guides and More – The Perks of Being a Cardholder
As a Chase cardholder, I’m covered when it comes to travel. Chase Ultimate Rewards® is my go-to for travel related everything, because of the booking and travel perks I get, and because I can actually pay for part of my trips using my Chase card points! These travel and booking perks are available to all Chase Freedom®, Chase Sapphire®, and Chase Ink® cardmembers.
I’ve been using this service quite a bit. I’ve been a Chase Ultimate Rewards® member for some time, and with the sheer amount of traveling I do, it’s been a life saver. With their travel perks, I have access to everything from easy hotel booking, car booking, emergency assistant services, and more. And believe me, when you’ve traveled as much as I have, you learn to appreciate that level of confidence when you’re globe trekking.
*Travel Booking Advantages of Chase Ultimate Rewards®: *Note – some benefits may vary based on eligible Chase credit card)
- Competitive Rates: Ultimate Rewards pricing includes taxes and fees, so the prices you see on line when you’re booking are the prices you’ll pay at checkout.
- Savings on Hotel Stays: Access to over 150,000 hotels, you’ll have a wide array of rooms to choose from.
- Flexible Ways to Pay: You can redeem your points for all – or part – of your purchase and use your eligible Chase card to cover the rest.
- One-Stop Shop for Travel: You can plan and book flights, hotels, cruises, rental cars and more – all in one place.
- Browse TripAdvisor® Reviews: Get helpful advice with TripAdvisor® user reviews for hotels, restaurants, and attractions.
- Travel Inspiration: Curated travel guides from AFAR magazine provides inspiration on where to go, where to stay, what to do and where to eat in destinations around the world.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services: If you run into a problem away from home, call the Benefit Administrator for legal and medial referrals or other travel and emergency assistance. (You will be responsible for the cost of any goods or services obtained.)
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Coverage varies by product, so be sure to check what is offered through your Chase credit card.
- 27/7 Assistance: If you need help booking or have questions, expert assistance is available 24 hours a day. Simply call 1-866-951-6592.
- Travel Notifications: To help you stay on schedule, we’ll send your trip itinerary, notify you of any changes, and even remind you about flight check-in.
Interested in booking travel? Learn more about trips through their professionally curated travel guides available to Chase Freedom®, Chase Sapphire and Ink® from Chase card members through Ultimate Rewards®. Not yet a Cardmember? Explore the premium travel rewards of Chase Sapphire Preferred®.
What warm weather winter destination do you #LookForward to visiting?