My wonderful writer Kari that she may have served this M&Ms Cookie Cake Recipe at Christmas Eve with Christmas M&Ms - and I am totally for that! That's the joy of hosting a family holiday dinner - you really get to do whatever you want because YOU ARE THE BOSS.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for more information.
How to Make a M&Ms Cookie Cake
If there is one thing I love...it's being the boss. Ha! If you have fond memories of The Cookie Co and their amazing cookie cakes right there in the mall when you were growing up, then I bet ya have Googled the term "How to Make Cookie Cake" once or twice in your life.
I recall always wanting one...but with our huge family, that just wasn't a realistic option!
If you have been wondering about How to Make Cookie Cake, then wonder no more!
This M&Ms Cookie Cake Recipe is quite easy to make, and you can customize the recipe to be festive for any holiday by using differently colored M&Ms.
Are you looking for other Quick & Easy recipes to serve like my M&Ms Cookie Cake Recipe?
Check out these really fun Valentine's Day recipes on The Rebel Chick, like my favorite Valentine’s Booty Dip Recipe that is sure to please a crowd! I am always adding new recipes, especially during the holiday months!
Take a look and see if there is anything that sounds tasty to you, like perhaps a Chocolate Strawberry Dalgona Drink Recipe to start your day off in the spirit of things!
You can also type “Valentine's Day Recipe” in the search bar in the top right hand corner of the screen and you will see a listing of ALL of the Valentine's Day Dessert Recipes I have shared over the years for Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day Recipes
Here are the ingredients you need to gather to get started making this M&Ms Cookie Cake Recipe
Keep in mind, all of the ingredient amounts you’ll need are in the printable recipe card below.
- Chocolate chip cookie mix - This makes it SO EASY to make this M&Ms Cookie Cake! It is such a cheap, easy starter!
- Butter and Eggs
- Valentine M&M Candies - We are doing this for Valentine's Day, so we used Valentine's Day M&Ms, but you can use any color M&Ms to make this at any time of the year!
- Red frosting or cookie icing - You can use a different color frosting for any holiday, or for a special occasion dessert!
- Valentine sprinkles - You can omit the sprinkles altogether or use a different theme if you are making this M&Ms Cookie Cake for another occasion!
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
If you are struggling to find some of these supplies, check out all of the item available to you with Amazon Prime Fresh! They have most household supplies and groceries fully in stock and you can get free delivery with your Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
These are the kitchen tools and equipment needed to make this M&Ms Cookie Cake Recipe
The cake pan is Wilton. I grabbed it while thrifting but this is it on amazon. It's "roughly" 12x12 so if you didn't have a heart pan, you could swap it for a 12" pizza pan. The measurements in this Amazon pan actually match mine.
How to Make this M&Ms Cookie Cake Recipe
Preheat your oven to 375 and grease a heart baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and then set it aside.
Mix together chocolate chip cookie mix, butter and egg.
The mixture will be stiff and takes a little work for it to come together, but it will. Spread evenly into the prepared baking pan. Top with about ½ cup of candies.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
Place frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe around the edge of the cookie cake and sprinkle with sprinkles.
Don't forget the sprinkles!!
Serve immediately or cover loosely and store at room temperature until ready to serve.
This M&Ms Cookie Cake Recipe serves 12-14!
Share this M&Ms Cookie Cake Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this M&Ms Cookie Cake Recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
ARE YOU CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND TRAVEL INSPIRATION?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for all the latest updates! Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
To print this M&Ms Cookie Cake Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
How to Make a M&Ms Cookie Cake Recipe
- 1 pouch 17.5 oz, chocolate chip cookie mix
- ½ cup 1 stick, butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Valentine M&M Candies
- ½ a tub 8oz, of red frosting
- Valentine sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a heart baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together chocolate chip cookie mix, butter and egg. The mixture will be stiff and takes a little work for it to come together, but it will. Spread evenly into the prepared baking pan. Top with about ½ cup of candies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- Place frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe around the edge of the cookie cake and sprinkle with sprinkles. Serve immediately or cover loosely and store at room temperature until ready to serve.