It's hard to believe we're already one month into the new year, but we are officially into February and I am about to celebrate the holiday of love with this Hershey's Valentine's Day KISS Cookies Recipe!
One of my favorite parts about Valentine's Day has always been the candy. As a kid, the cards that came with candy of some sort were always the best to give and receive during the candy exchange.
As an adult I enjoy purchasing myself the exact candy that I was hoping for. Even though Angeline is getting older now it's still nice to let her know I'm thinking about her this Valentine's Day too.
This Valentine's Day I made this adorable Hershey's Valentine's Day KISS Cookies Recipe using my favorite cake cookie recipe and yummy Hershey’s Kisses Conversation Candies (available exclusively at Target) and Reese’s Conversation Cups. It is fun opening up the Hershey's Reese's Conversation Cups to see what's printed on the inside and they turn a boring Valentine's Day cookie into a cute message of love.
Plus what's better in a recipe than chocolate on top of chocolate?!
How to Make this Valentine's Day KISS Cookies Recipe
Valentine's Day KISS Cookie
- Hershey's Kisses Conversation Candy
- Hershey's Reese's Conversation Cups
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Large Eggs
- Valentine's Themed Sprinkles
- Prehead oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1 box chocolate cake mix, vegetable oil, vanilla and eggs in a small mixing bowl.
- Set in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- Pour sprinkles into small bowls.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Roll cookie dough into 1in balls and place on the parchment paper.
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for an additional 5 minutes to chill the dough again.
- Roll the dough in sprinkles and then put them back on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from pan immediately. Gently but firmly press Hershey Kisses Conversation Candies or Hershey Reeses Conversation Cups into the center of the cookie. The edges of the cookie may crack a bit.
Hershey is encouraging parents to make Valentine’s Day unforgettable this year with family-fun filled treats to create lasting memories and help you send a “message of love” to your other Valentine – your kids – with baskets of classic Hershey treats and new Hershey’s Kisses Conversation Candies (available exclusively at Target) and Reese’s Conversation Cups.
You can also make a super simple Chocolate Chip Blossoms recipe, just using a bagged chocolate chip mix and adding these adorable kisses on top!
Simply follow the cookie recipe as per the instructions and add a kiss in the last 2 minutes of baking time.
For more information, including recipes, gift ideas, trivia and more visit CelebrateWithHersheys.com.
Compensation was provided by Hershey via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hershey or Momtrends.