Once I was an adult, I embraced it full force with elaborate costumes for my daughter and I, decorating the house, hosting Halloween parties and serving up lots of fun Halloween treats like this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookie Bars Recipe!
Okay, so one of my favorite holidays of the year is coming up pretty quickly...HALLOWEEN! I have always loved Halloween because I wasn't able to celebrate it as a kid due to my parent's religion.
This Pumpkin Cookie Bars Recipe post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Halloween Recipe
Aren't these little pumpkin cookies just so cute?! I love cookie cutters, they give us the opportunity to make any sort of dish FESTIVE!
Where can I find the recipe card for this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookie Bars Halloween Recipe?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the Pumpkin Cookie Bars Recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom, where I have a printable recipe card just for you! I know that a lot of people are old fashioned - like me! - and like to have a printed out recipe card.
Are recipe books still a thing in your household? Check out these cool recipe books (of course they are all blank, so that you can fill them up with your own recipes!) on Amazon!
Looking for other Quick & Easy Halloween recipes like this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookie Bars Halloween Recipe?
Check out these delicious Halloween recipes that I have shared over the years. They are all tried and true recipes that I have made over the years, or my trusty food writers have made. We are always adding exciting and new fun Halloween recipes, so make sure that you check back each year for new content!
I think you will love them all! Of course, this is just a small selection of Halloween recipes, but we have LOTS and lots of recipes on the blog that are perfect for any occasion – just type “Halloween” into the search bar on the right hand side of the screen and they will pop up for you!
- Halloween Eyeball Cookies Recipe
- Halloween Spider Cake Recipe
- Spooky Fun Halloween Brain Cake Recipe
- Halloween Frankenstein Shots Tutorial
- Halloween Cake Pops Recipe
- Spider Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Halloween Spider Web Cupcakes Recipe
How to Make this Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Halloween Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe Ingredients
- 1 C. butter, melted
- 2 C. packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 C. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 C. chocolate chips
Directions for making this Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, 2 eggs and vanilla extract mixing well. Slowly fold in the dry flour mixture into the wet mixture.
Add in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter evenly into the 9 x 13 baking dish and bake your Pumpkin Cookies for 25-30 minutes.
Allow the bars to cool completely prior to decorating.
Directions for Decorating your Cookies like Pumpkins!
- 2-3 tubes of Wilton sparkly orange gel icing
- 1 tube of Wilton green sparkly gel icing
- Pumpkin shaped cookie cutter
Once the bars have completely cooled, use the Pumpkin cookie cutter to cut the cookie bars. Try to get them as close as possible so you are not wasting space. You can get 6 shareable (large) pumpkins from one 9 x 13 pan of cookies.
Outline each cookie bar with orange icing and then fill in using the toothpicks to help cover the pumpkin (see photos).
Use the green sparkly gel for the top.
Repeat with all the cookie bars.
*Makes 6 Large Cookie Bars (2 servings each) using the Wilton Comfort Grip Pumpkin Cookie Cutter!
Share this Halloween Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookie Bars Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Halloween Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookie Bars Recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for all the latest updates! Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
To print this Halloween Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookie Bars Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that sometimes it is easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you.
Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookie Bars Halloween Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, 2 eggs and vanilla extract mixing well.
- Slowly fold in the dry flour mixture into the wet mixture.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter evenly into the 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool completely prior to decorating.
- For decorating:
- Once the bars have completely cooled, use the Pumpkin cookie cutter to cut the cookie bars. Try to get them as close as possible so you are not wasting space. You can get 6 shareable (large) pumpkins from one 9x13 pan of cookies.
- Outline each cookie bar with orange icing and then fill in using the toothpicks to help cover the pumpkin (see photos).
- Use the green sparkly gel for the top.
- Repeat with all the cookie bars.