If you’re a frequent traveler, then you know the importance of registering for hotel rewards programs such as Choice Privileges by Choice Hotels. It seems that lately, hotel rewards programs are reducing their benefits, leaving travelers disappointed and confused…we’ve been LOYAL! Why penalize us for our loyalty? Well, Choice Hotels is bucking this unfortunate trend and has recently announced a series of bold, exciting and completely unique changes to their rewards program, bringing greater and faster value to their over 25 million Choice Privileges members.
Some of these new and improved perks include free nights at discounted point levels, instant digital gift cards, and points that never expire!
The Choice Privileges program enhancements are being implemented to bring greater and faster value to the over 25 million members of Choice Privileges.
Some of the new benefits include:
- Your Extras. Weekday travelers can earn a special reward — a little something ‘extra’ — right when they check in. For each qualifying stay that includes at least 1 weekday night (any night Sun. through Thurs.), the member can earn a special reward of their choice. U.S members have 5 options, varying from Fuel Rewards® savings at participating Shell locations to Amazon.com credit. International members have 2 options: 500 bonus points or 100 airline miles from participating airline carriers.
- FlexRewards. Get to a free night faster— Members can redeem points for free nights at discounted point levels at participating hotels, varying by season. There will be up to 2,000 hotels reduced during either the weekdays or weekend at any time.
- Digital Gift Cards. The first hotel company to offer immediate in-app gift card downloads, Choice Privileges members can receive instant gratification with new digital gift cards.
- Keep Your Points. As long as members stay active by completing a qualifying activity at least once every 18 months, they get to keep their points.
- 10 Points per Dollar. All 5,500 Choice Hotels now earn 10 points per dollar spent – including economy and extended stay hotels, such as MainStay Suites, Suburban, EconoLodge and Rodeway Inn. And, during our award winning promotions, it is now easier than ever to qualify since members no longer need to stay two consecutive nights at economy brands.
“The exciting new changes to our Choice Privileges program mark a major milestone in Choice Hotels’ history,” said Jamie Russo, VP of Loyalty and Customer Engagement. “While many rewards programs continue to decrease the value of benefits for their guests, we’re building a loyalty program that gives more and faster perks to travelers starting right when they join. We have built these new features around guests, and we want them to feel constantly rewarded by the new Choice Privileges wherever their travels take them.”
As someone who’s enjoyed her fair share of stays at Choice Hotels across the country, these changes make me VERY HAPPY! Maybe it’s time I booked another trip…
For full information about the new Choice Privileges rewards program, visit www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges