This super easy to make Broccoli Cheese Sticks Recipe will not only get your kids to eat their veggies...but I'm pretty sure that it will leave them asking for more!
In an effort to get our children to eat more vegetables - which is really a never ending battle - we parents sometimes (well, usually) have to get pretty creative in the kitchen!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
An Easy Kid Friendly Broccoli Cheese Sticks Recipe
These Broccoli Cheese Sticks have a somewhat crispy outside and a warm, soft, cheesy center, which everyone goes nuts for - but will be especially popular with the kiddos!
This easy, kid-friendly broccoli cheese sticks recipe also freezes really well. Just pop them in the microwave on 50% power and pair as a finger food side dish with your main meal!
They make a great snack for toddlers and the recipe uses only four ingredients, so you can whip these up any time!
Why You Will Love it!
This easy kid-friendly Broccoli Cheese Sticks Recipe is actually pretty low carb as well. I am not too familiar with the Keto diet, so I am not quite sure about that one!
Most bread crumbs have about 78 carbs per cup, broccoli has about 3 carbs per cup, eggs are about 1 carb each and cheddar cheese - depending on which brand you buy - has about 3 carbs in a cup.
As this recipe breaks down into 16 servings, each serving is about 5.5 carbs. Not bad for a tasty little snack while on a low carb diet!
Easy Snack Recipes
Where can I find the recipe card?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips and similar recipe ideas, hit the Jump to Recipe button for the printable recipe card.Jump to Recipe
How to Make This Easy Kid Friendly Broccoli Cheese Sticks Recipe
Ingredients needed to make this Easy Kid-Friendly Broccoli Cheese Sticks Recipe
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 eggs
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Directions for making this Easy Kid-Friendly Broccoli Cheese Sticks Recipe
Using a steamer pot, steam frozen broccoli under tender, and then let it cool.
Place the cooked broccoli in a food processor with a standard "s" blade. Process until smooth, it should take about 30 seconds. If you do not have a food processor, you can use a potato masher or a hand chopper.
In a large bowl, add bread crumbs, cheese, eggs and broccoli, then mix it together well.
Pour mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet and shape into a large rectangle (it should be about 8 x 12 inches). With a rubber spatula, cut into 8 sticks, and then cut those 8 into half to create 16 sticks. They should end up being about 1 ½" by 4 inches.
Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees and then turn them over. Bake for another 15 minutes, or if you want them crispier, bake for an additional 5 minutes at a time until they reach the desired crispiness.
I baked mine for a total of 30 minutes, 15 minutes on each side.
Share this Kid Friendly Broccoli Cheese Sticks Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Kid Friendly Broccoli Cheese Sticks Recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
To print this Kid Friendly Broccoli Cheese Sticks Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that sometimes it is easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Kid Friendly Broccoli Cheese Sticks
- 16 oz Frozen Broccoli
- 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1-½ cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a steamer, steam frozen broccoli until tender. Let cool.
- Place the cooked broccoli in a food processor with a standard "s" blade. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds. If you do not have a food processor, you can use a potato masher or hand chopper.
- In a large bowl, add bread crumbs, cheese, eggs and broccoli. Mix well.
- Pour mixture onto parchment lined pan. Shape into a large rectangle (mine was about 8" x 12") With a rubber spatula, cut into 8 sticks (1-½" x 8") and then cut those 8 in half to create 16 sticks (1-½" x 4")
- Bake for 15 minutes and turn over. Bake for another 15 OR if you want them crispier, bake an additional 5 minutes at a time until the desired crispness. (I baked mine 30 minutes total, 15 on each side).
- Serve immediately (I think this is when they taste best) or cool and refrigerate or freeze for later.