Oh, Valentine’s Day…it’s one of the sweetest days of the year, isn’t it? Whether you’re alone and stuffing your face with chocolate that you bought for yourself at the drugstore (which is what I’ll be doing this year), or have a special someone to bake up a sweet treat for, Valentine’s Day is all about one thing: SWEETNESS. It doesn’t have to be a sweetness shared with another person, it can be actual SUGAR we’re talking about. This Valentine Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookie Recipe is just as tasty when you make it for yourself, your kids, your friends – there doesn’t have to be a significant other involved to reap the sweet, sweet rewards of cookies!
Don’t they look amazingly delicious?
When I was married, my ex didn’t like sweets, with the occasion exception of my brownies. So I always ate the cookies myself. Well, I also shared with Angeline – she definitely followed in her mother’s footsteps when it comes to her taste in treats!
Valentine Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- 1 box of white cake mix, any brand
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbs. flour
- ½ C. cooking oil
- ¾ C. chocolate chips
- ½ C. Valentin sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix and 2 tablespoons of flour. Add in the 2 large egg whites and ½ cup of cooking oil, mixing well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and Valentine sprinkles.
- Place the cookie dough in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to chill.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and roll into 1-2' balls. Place the them about 2-3" a part on your baking sheets and gently pat down on each one - do not flatten, simply press down about ¼ of an inch.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
*Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies