Have you ever made a recipe that was seriously delicious, but you just weren’t sure what to call it? Well, I am not sure what to call these delicious little cookies, but I am thinking….maybe Butter Pecan Cake Cookies Recipe? The flavor immediately had me thinking of butter pecan ice cream, which is a hugely popular flavor during the summertime! The nice thing about getting your butter pecan fix via a cookie instead of ice cream is that you don’t have to worry about it melting and dribbling down your chin if you’re slow in eating them!
They also remind me a little of Pecan Sandies, one of my favorite store bought cookies! Of course, they’re much softer and chewier – store bought cookies tend to be a little crunchy, right? These absolutely melt in your mouth, and that homemade buttercream frosting is simply TO DIE FOR.
Butter Pecan Cake Cookies Recipe
- 1 box butter pecan cake mix
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- Sugar for pressing cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar it really depends on your taste, i like mine sweet!
- Whole Pecans can use chopped pecans, too
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a bowl until mixed well. Add vanilla and sugar and beat until mixed well scraping bowl down if necessary.
- Frost cookies with a generous dollop of frosting and top with a whole pecan.
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, add cake mix, flour, oil, sour cream and eggs. Mix well. Dough will be thick and stiff and possibly sticky.
- Scoop tablespoon sized dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Use the bottom of a glass, dipped in sugar to flatten cookies to about 1/4 thickness.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- When cookies are completely cool, frost.
- makes 30-36 cookies.
I’d love to hear what you think if you try this recipe!