There’s really nothing quite like the creamy taste of Velveeta block cheese in a casserole, am I right? One of my favorite dishes to make when my family is coming over is a Cheesy Broccoli and Chicken Casserole with Rice; it takes under 30 minutes to make and is so full of flavor!
It’s the perfect recipe to make when you want to spend time with the family – not slaving over the stove all evening! As I was getting ready to go out of town for a blogging event, I made this recipe for dinner for Angeline and I. As soon as I brought her home from school yesterday, she smelled it as soon as she walked in the door and said, “Dinner’s going to taste gooood tonight!”
Cheesy Broccoli and Chicken Casserole with Rice
Velveeta Cheesy Broccoli and Chicken Casserole With Rice
- 2 cups Minute white rice
- 1 & 1/2 pounds diced boneless skinless COOKED chicken breasts
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 white onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 pound of 2% Milk Velveeta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil and cook about five minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper and stir.
- Remove from heat and mix in rice, broccoli and chicken, and half of the cubed 2% Milk Velveeta.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish and top with remaining 2% Milk Velveeta.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
You’ll want to let the cheesy broccoli and chicken casserole with rice set for a while to cool down before serving – that liquid gold gets super hot in the oven!
So many of my favorite recipes include the liquid gold of Velveeta, but I think this one is really my favorite.
Whenever I make it, I think of family dinners, conversation and happiness. I think I’ve made it for our family’s annual progressive Christmas dinner twice now, that’s how much everyone loves it – especially the little ones!
Velveeta asked me if I knew any Liquid Gold Diggers. I’ll know more soon once they taste these dishes! Why? Because Liquid Gold Diggers love the Liquid Gold of Velveeta.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Velveeta via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Velveeta.