I am an official ambassador for Dole Fresh Fruits and Vegetables. I recieved free samples of Dole products for the purpose of this post, as well as compensation for my time. As always, my opinion remains my own.
This Summer The Dole Get Up and Grow Caravan is making an 11,700-mile, 115-day journey across North America in order to inspire people to make 2015 their healthiest and happiest summer EVER! By September they will have stopped at 480 supermarkets and special events throughout the US and Canada. Not only will they be handing out free samples at a DIY smoothie bar and more, but they will also be challenging local residents to eat better this summer to receive some exciting health and wellness rewards. In honor of the tour, I created this delicious Tangy Berry Smoothie features lots of fresh fruit, healthy yogurt and a bit of juice! YUM!
Tangy Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 6oz Yogurt
- ¼ cup DOLE orange juice
- 6 Whole DOLE Strawberries Quartered
- ½c Fresh DOLE Blackberries
- ½c Fresh DOLE Blueberries
Place all ingredients in the blender in the order they are listed. Pulse on high untill well blended and void of any chunks of fruit. Pour yourself a tall glass and enjoy for breakfast, on the go, or as an after school snack.
Miami Residents! Be on the lookout for the Dole Get Up and Grow Get Up and Grow Tour Caravan September 5th - 13th! It's a wrapped van and trailer with a kitchen and sampling tent that offers free recipe samples, a DIY smoothie bar, free giveaways for the kids, expert nutritional advice by Dole resident RD or produce expert and other surprises.
- 9/5 from 10am-1pm: Winn Dixie at 5600 West Sample Road, Margate, FL 33073
- 9/5 from 3pm-6pm: Winn Dixie at 7015 N. University Drive, Tamarac, FL 33321
- 9/6 from 10am-1pm: Winn Dixie at 11290 State Road 84, Davie, FL 33325
- 9/6 from 3pm-6pm: Winn Dixie at 6775 Taft Street, Hollywood, FL 33024
- 9/9 from 12pm-3pm: Winn Dixie at 2581 North Hiatus Road, Cooper City, FL 33026
- 9/10 from 10am-1pm: Winn Dixie at 17101 Miramar Pkwy., Miramar, FL 33027
- 9/10 from 3pm-6pm: Winn Dixie at 10505 NW 41st Street, Doral, FL 33178
- 9/11 from 10am-1pm: Winn Dixie at 3701 NW 7th St., Miami, FL 33126
- 9/11 from 3pm-6pm: Winn Dixie at 3275 SW 22nd Street, Miami, FL 33145
- 9/12 from 10am-1pm: Winn Dixie at 5850 SW 73rd Street, South Miami, FL 33143
- 9/12 from 3pm-6pm: Winn Dixie at 30346 Old Dixie Highway, Homestead, FL 33030
- 9/13 from 3pm-6pm: Winn Dixie at 18300 SW 137th Avenue, Miami, FL 33177
Visitors are always encouraged to try a variety of fruit, vegetable and salad recipes created for Get Up and Grow! – ranging from the Banana and Blue, Breakfast Smoothie, Power Punch Smoothie and Spinach-Avocado Hummus to the Grilled Banana Parfait, Southwestern Gazpacho, Caesar’s Bounty Salad and Charred Summer Salad, which has been proclaimed 2015’s “Official Salad of Summer.”