This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Smithfield®,but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #PutPorkontheMenu http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
My fellow bloggers will understand the funny mishap surrounding this blog post: I made a pot roast, complete with Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin, potatoes, carrots and celery…then totally forgot to take photos before the family started digging in to dinner that night! It all happened so fast, before I knew it, half the roast was eaten. Oops! The bright side of this little mishap was that I had an excuse for making another pork sirloin in the same week! I picked up a second Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin at Walmart and made these tasty Marinated Pork Tacos for dinner on Sunday night, and boy were they tasty!
I am sure it’s safe to say that every family wants to enjoy a nice homemade meal after a long day. However, with busy schedules and tired parents, the task of getting into the kitchen and spending an hour prepping dinner isn’t always feasible. I have been trying to cook with more fresh ingredients and kick our nasty (albeit convenient) take out habit, so I welcome any shortcut I can use to make dinner time easier!
You can pick up Smithfield® Marinated Pork at your local Walmart and it saves a ton of prep work so that you can still cook a delicious family meal without a lot of hassle. Smithfield® Marinated Pork is 100 fresh pork and has been slow marinated in a variety of seasonings – all you have to do it cook it!
My first venture was a Smithfield® Marinated Pork roast with potatoes, carrots and celery, which was super easy to make. I simply peeled and chopped the veggies (which took all of five minutes) and then threw it all in the slow cooker for 6 hours on low. The result was a moist, delicious pork roast!
I went back to Walmart and used this .75¢ Smithfield® Marinated Pork coupon to purchase another sirloin, but I wanted to try something different. It had been a few weeks since we had tacos, so I made this really easy Marinated Pork Tacos recipe!
As easy as the slow cooker pork roast was, these Marinated Pork Tacos were pretty simple too. I switched things up a little and instead of piling our tacos with lettuce and tomatoes, I used black beans and Spanish rice for a different flavor combination. They really complimented the pork seasoning!
Smithfield Marinated Pork Tacos
- 1 Smithfield Marinated Pork Sirloin
- 1 15 ounce can of seasoned black beans
- 1 package of Spanish style Ready Rice
- 1/2 a tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- soft flour tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and put your Smithfield Marinated Pork Garlic and Herb Sirloin into a baking dish.
- Cook at 350 for 1.5 hours. Remove the sirloin and set aside to allow the juices to settle.
- Cook the rice and beans according to package directions and chop tomato. Warm tortillas according to package directions. I like to put into the microwave, on a plate topped with a damp paper towel for 25 seconds.
- Cut the sirloin into small pieces (think taco chunks).
- Arrange on your tortillas and your dinner is ready!
Now, we are only a family of three, so I didn’t need to use the entire Smithfield® Marinated Pork Sirloin for our tacos. The “leftovers” will make a delicious easy dinner the next day!
I hope that you try this marinated pork tacos recipe for yourself, it’s so good!
Of course, there are many other things you can do with Smithfield® Marinated Pork. They come in a variety of flavors and are priced per pound and average between $8-$11.
Available flavors include:
- Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet
- Smithfield® Mesquite Pork Loin Filet
- Smithfield® Golden Rotisserie Flavor Pork Tenderloin
- Smithfield® Portobello Mushroom Flavor Pork Loin Filet
- Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin
- Smithfield® Peppercorn & Garlic Pork Tenderloin
- Smithfield® Peppercorn & Garlic Pork Sirloin
Check out the Smithfield® website for other awesome recipe ideas!
Save on Smithfield® Marinated Pork
You can receive seventy five cents ($.75) off ONE (1) Smithfield® Marinated Pork product at Walmart while supplies last!
Get the coupon here.