This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Ya’ll, it’s hot and muggy in Miami right now – duh, of course it is, it’s SUMMERTIME! Hot, humid days make me crave fresh fruit, so I’ve been eating a crazy amount lately! Gorging myself on fresh fruit is probably one of my favorite parts of summer. I love that everything is in season and the supermarket aisles are filled with fragrant morsels just waiting to be “picked.” Today I got the chance to use white flesh peaches when I picked them up for this recipe for Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream by Chef Curtis Stone.
Breyers is celebrating their 150th birthday and partnered with celebrity Chef Curtis Stone and his wife, actress Lindsay Price Stone to create this fun, family-friendly recipe. It’s one of 12 recipes they created to help families enjoy Breyers ice cream all year long.
Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb & Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 1 lemon zested
- 4 ripe but firm white peaches halved, pitted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about 1 minute, or until sugar is fragrant
- and moist.
- Arrange peaches, cut side up, in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Pour 2/3 cup water into dish.
- Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peaches are slightly softened and have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a medium heavy saucepan over high heat, bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tbs. water to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 305°F.
- Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bubble.
- Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool.
- Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container.
- Spoon 1/2 cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls.
- Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices.
- Sprinkle with honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.
You guys, have you ever in your life made honeycomb? I made it for the first time today and it like conducting a science experiment in my kitchen. I’ll admit the 12-year-old mad scientist in me geeked out about it just a little bit. It reminded me of creating one of those bursting volcanoes as a kid…the way it bubbles and oozes then cools and hardens – it was so fun!
Did you know all Breyers vanilla is real and from sustainable farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans? I also learned that Breyers only sources milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones.* Breyers Natural Vanilla is America’s No. 1 vanilla ice cream and for good reason! Founded in 1866 with the first hand-cracked gallon of Breyers, William A Breyer used fresh fruits and nuts in his ice cream and the brand has been dedicated to using quality ingredients ever since!
I love the way all of the ingredients come together in a mixture of contradictions. Hot and cold, soft and crunchy, sweet and lemony. So delicious!
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.
Get Social with Breyers!