This Raspberry Trifle Cups Recipe is just perfect for upcoming Labor Day backyard barbecues and weekends on the beach celebrating! I don’t know about you, but I relish any opportunity to gather the friends and family around and celebrate SOMETHING. It’s just so much fun to entertain, or even to help out with a fun little dessert option when someone else is hosting a party.
This Raspberry Trifle Cups Recipe is one of those perfect desserts because it doesn’t require a lot of effort, but it looks amazing!
That raspberry flavor is a nice change from the ever so popular strawberry! Isn’t it always nice to shake things up a bit when it comes to summertime desserts? I love to surprise people with unexpected flavors!
Raspberry TrifleCups Recipe
Raspberry Trifle Cups Recipe
- 1 bag frozen raspberries 10 oz thawed
- 1 box raspberry jello 3 oz
- 1 tub whipped topping 8 oz
- 2 cups water divided
- Fresh Strawberries washed, stemmed and sliced thin
- Fresh Raspberries washed
- Fresh Blueberries washed
- Fresh Mint if desired
- Drain raspberries (as best as you can) and reserve liquid. Measure liquid. I had 1/2 cup. Set aside.
- Add 1 cup boiling water to the jello. Stir completely until dissolved. Add reserved raspberry liquid and additional cold water to make 1 cup. For example, I had 1/2 cup raspberry juice, so I added 1/2 cup cold water. Stir well to combine.
- Add thawed berries and mix well. Pour into mini trifle bowls and refrigerate for about 2-4 hours until set up.
- Top with cool whip, berries and mint. Serve immediately.
- Makes 3 trifle bowls shown.
Aren’t they just adorable? You can use any type of serving dish, you can even make just one giant dessert bowl full of the trifle…but I always think that individual servings present well and it makes it easier to actually serve them – everyone just grabs one when they’re ready!
Just thinking about them makes me want to make another batch!
Do you have any special Labor Day holiday treats that you like to make for your family? Do you go with the Red White and Blue theme too? It just feels appropriate for me…it’s totally an American holiday!
I’d love to hear what you think after you give this Raspberry Trifle Cups Recipe a try! Drop me a line in the comments!