This Cheesy Brunch Bites with Sausage, Spinach, Eggs and Goat Cheese Recipe is a kid friendly recipe with a few sophisticated adult ingredients snuck in for those of us that have to sneak in those types of foods.
I can't tell you how excited I was for the first day of spring this year. Even though "winters" (if you can even call them that) here in Florida are short and sweet, they somehow still manage to feel so long.
I was so motivated that I actually spent the day spring cleaning and powering through my blog work and my errands.
It was one of those days where it felt like I actually had my life together! Of course, it didn't take long for the kids to come barreling into the house with a big fat reality check.
Spring is just a pit stop on our way to long, lazy summer days. First, we have to get through things like baseball, softball, spring break, Easter, PTA meetings, field trips, volunteer events, exams, then end of school, and the list goes on.
Factor in the hectic schedules of working parents or work at home parents and it leaves me wondering how any of us manage to keep sane.
I know that a well-choreographed family schedule, infinite reminders hastily scrawled across a calendar on the fridge, and a few go-to recipes like this Brunch Bites with Sausage, Spinach, Eggs & Goat Cheese Recipe are just a few of the ways I manage to keep on keepin' on.
They're made with Pillsbury Cresent Rolls, which I am pretty sure everyone knows are just the best thing ever!
Every season I decide I'm sick of the same old "go-to" recipes and decide to start experimenting in the kitchen.
This weekend I found myself whipping up some delicious recipes I found on Pinterest and even creating one of my own thanks to Pillsbury.
I'm a master of whipping up delicious dinners, but I recently realized just how often we skimp on breakfast in our house. It's just not a meal that's ever really inspired me because I tend to eat later in the day myself...
However, I was determined to change that with a recipe the family would enjoy.
This Brunch Bites with Sausage, Spinach, Eggs & Goat Cheese Recipe is a kid friendly with a few sophisticated adult ingredients snuck in for those of us that have to sneak in those types of foods.
Easy enough right? They're so delicious, with that soft, buttery, flaky crescent roll crust and savory, cheesy inside. YUM.
When is a good time to serve these Sausage Egg and Cheese Crescent Rolls?
These Brunch Bites are perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast with the family or even for having the girls over for a Sunday Funday brunch!
Brunch Bites with Sausage, Spinach, Eggs & Goat Cheese
- 2 Cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Chopped Spinach
- 2 oz of Herb Goat Cheese
- 1 tbs Butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small pan cook breakfast sausage until it's slightly browned and no longer pink inside.
- Set aside in a separate dish.
- Use the same pan and heat 1tbs butter.
- Add chopped spinach and four eggs.
- Scramble until the eggs are thoroughly cooked and the spinach has wilted.
- Salt and pepper egg scramble to taste.
- Roll out Pillsbury Crescent Rolls on a cutting board.
- Use your hands to pinch together the precut seams.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut your crescents into 12 squares.
- Place 1 teaspoon each of sausage, egg mixture and goat cheese on the center of each square.
- Fold the corners into the center of each square to seal the breakfast mixture inside.
- Place the bites onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature!
This recipe is so quick to put together and it's one that kids will love to help assemble too.
I also love that once they're assembled you just pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes, which gives you time to do something else...like make mimosas or prepare a fresh fruit salad.
Bonus, you get to reuse pans, which means you'll spend less time doing dishes and more time taking advantage of those rare lazy Sunday mornings!
Check out PillsburyBaking.com for more fun ways to use Pillsbury Crescent Rolls!