This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Stop & Shop. All opinions are 100% mine.
Celebrate the 4th this year with some delicious burgers courtesy of Stop & Shop. When the 4th rolls around, we need our burgers. What we don't need is fighting huge crowds and searching through an overly ginormous store to find the stuff we want. That's why this summer, I'm going to celebrate the 4th with delicious burgers, and I'm getting everything I need to make them from one store - Stop & Shop.
Celebrate the 4th with Burgers, the Classic Choice
When I think of the 4th, I think of burgers and dogs. There's really nothing to making a hot dog. You just pull it out of the pack and slap it on the grill until it's as done as you like it. It's not exactly that simple with a burger. Burgers need to be tasty from the outset. You can't just form some ground beef into a patty and throw it on the grill. Well, you can, but it will be the most boring burger ever.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for more information.
All American Burger Recipe
I like to make my burgers a thing of beauty. I love adding extra ingredients to my burgers to help make them more than just a hunk o' beef. Burgers need a little something something to make them fun and delicious when you're sitting around the backyard hanging out with family and friends. I've been known to get pretty creative. I've done everything from adding a paste of roasted garlic and caramelized onions to my beef to throwing a big hunk of cheese in the middle of my burgers. All of those were really good, but I didn't actually get to celebrate the 4th. I mainly stayed in the kitchen and stood at the grill. This year, I'm trying something different.
Celebrate the 4th Without Wasting Time
This year, I plan on serving delicious burgers that DON'T take me forever to make. I'm embracing family time instead of cooking time, and I'm doing it with Stop & Shop. Stop & Shop has everything I need and it has it in a store that's easy to navigate, because it isn't a massive super center filled to capacity with other stuff. It's an old-fashioned, easy to navigate, easy to save grocery store, and I love that. Sometimes, I just want to get in and get out without trekking through 10 aisles of video games, computers, and other stuff I have no interest in.
It's that spirit of simplicity that I'm embracing with my burgers this year. This All-American Burger is the perfect picture of simple goodness. Rather than a lot of fancy ingredients that I have to chop and roast and whatever, this easy recipe focuses on the classic flavors of burgers that we all know and love. It's as simple as adding mustard and Worcestershire sauce to the beef. It adds a delicious flavor, and it only takes a second. Boom!
Easy Burger Recipe Courtesy of Stop & Shop
- 2 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 lb ground beef (93% lean)
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ( ¾ oz.) sliced aged sharp Cheddar
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
How to Make It
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F-350°F). For the sauce, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, ½ teaspoon of the mustard, plus chipotle powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine ground beef, remaining 2 teaspoons mustard, Worcestershire, and salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Form into 4 patties about ½-inch thick.
- Grill, covered, 4-5 minutes per side or to desired doneness. During the last 2 minutes of grilling, top each patty with 1 cheese slice; grill until melted. Remove from grill.
- Place buns, cut side down, on grill. Grill until lightly toasted. Spread sauce on cut sides of buns. Place burgers in buns, top with lettuce and tomato, and serve.
Celebrate the 4th with Family Thanks to Stop & Shop
There you have it. An easy peasy burger recipe that's delicious but won't keep me in the kitchen for hours. Feels like a winner to me! Thanks to Stop & Shop and this Stop & Shop Savory Recipe Center, I can find great recipes, get in, get what I need, and get out, and I can save money while I do it. With Stop & Shop, I'll be able to celebrate the 4th this year instead of celebrating the cooking process.