Mother's Day falls on May 13th in 2018, so we still have about a month to get ready! I always struggle with Mother's Day gifts for my mom and sisters - two of them are mothers as well - so we tend to just have a Mother's Day brunch together. For the past two years, I've traveled for Mother's Day - once to Disney with Angeline and my mom, and to Romania and Greece with Angeline. This year I will be home for Mother's Day, so I decided to come up with these fun and mostly inexpensive 5 Mothers Day Gift Ideas...just in case you guys are in need of some ideas!
5 Mothers Day Gift Ideas
Give Mom a Unique Night Out
Give a Mom a Gift Certificate to a Plant Nite - or Paint Nite! Everyone has gone crazy over the painting classes being offered around the country. Why not give mom a gift certificate to experience one for herself - with you as her date! I love Paint Nite, but last year my friend Sabrina and I attended a Plant Nite and it was even more fun.
Let's face it, we aren't all meant to be painters, and sometimes our finished products aren't very attractive. Plant Nite is a fun alternative that allows you to get your hands dirty AND go home with a really cool plant!
You can find a Plant Nite near you here.
Make a DIY Lavender Salt Soak
Moms, no matter what their age, are usually stressed out about something or other. Especially if they're helping you with the grandchildren!
This DIY Lavender Salt Soak Recipe is super easy to make and your mom will love it!
Bonus points: you can double the recipe and make some for yourself too!
Make a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Gift baskets are so easy to put together, and if you shop right, you can find a wide array of really inexpensive items to fill those baskets. Everything from bronzer to face masks can be found in your local stores on sale, on clearance, and make great gifts for Moms!
I particularly like this Hard Candy Just Glow Rose Gold Highlighter I received from a client, it is so pretty on, and perfect for young moms! You can get it at Walmart and Walmart.com, it's only $6!
- Creamy all over powder highlighter offers skin an ultra-reflective glow
- Inspired by a sunset, the rose gold hue blends smoothly onto skin and instantly flatters all skin tones
- Use the three shades individually or mix together to create one gorgeous shade
I also love these fun beauty products:
Belli Beauty’s Clearly Coconut, a multipurpose beauty and grooming spray-on oil contains just one ingredient - fractionated coconut oil, which is extracted from whole coconut oil for extreme purity and stability. That means it offers all of the ingredient’s skin care benefits without the fragrance. It is also free of preservatives and extremely shelf stable. The 7th Heaven’s Creamy Coconut Mask features fresh coconut water and other natural ingredients, this mask moisturizes and hydrates the skin to perfection. It comes in a single sache pouch that is perfect for travel or one-time use.
C.O. Bigelow Extra Light Face Lotion (Normal/Oily) ($28): A lightly-textured moisturizing lotion formulated with calming chamomile and parsley extract to replenish, hydrate and soothe dry skin. It pairs well with the C.O. Bigelow Oily Skin Foaming Face Wash (Normal/Oily) ($25): A deep-cleaning cleanser that’s filled with neutralizing extracts of grapefruit, ginger root, mandarin and lemon to rid the skin of surface oil, dirt and debris. It effectively eliminates shine while leaving skin soft and supple. Available: bigelowchemists.com
mē glow beauty boosting eye mask: Wake up to glowing, younger-looking skin. The soft and satiny mē glow fibers are infused with skin-revitalizing copper, taking beauty sleep to the next level. In just 1 night, say goodbye to bedhead. In as little as 2 weeks, see brighter, glowing skin. Price: $25 Available: mepower.com
Soap & Paper Factory New Classics Collection
The brand is now packaging their bestselling hand creams, soaps and perfume oils into petite, chic, travel-sizes that are perfect for everyday use and on-the-go summer travels. Price: Perfume Oils: $16, Petite Hand Creams: $9, Petite Bar Soaps: $5 Available: soapandpaperfactory.com
The new Classics Collection includes:
- Verbena: Notes of citrus combine with woody undertones and floral notes in this scent stimulate the senses and gives a feeling of balance.
- Green Tea: The naturally detoxifying scent of green tea is accentuated with crisp citrus in this sweet and uplifting fragrance.
- Jasmine: Heady and intoxicating, the jasmine flower blooms only at midnight, making it ideal for this exceptional scent.
- Gardenia: This warm and alluring fragrance is made from the petals of the gardenia, a flower cherished for its stimulating and exotic scent.
- Lavender: This blossom’s renowned ability to soothe and relieve stress make this scent ideal for application just before bed.
Every Mom Loves WINE!
Okay, so maybe not every mom loves wine, but most do. Clients send me wine samples all of the time, and one of my favorites is Mionetto - it's perfect just as it is, or in mimosas!
Mionetto’s Luxury Valdobbiadene Superiore DOCG ($19 SRP) will immediately excite mom’s palate. The aroma of exotic fruits, apple, and pear immediately greets your nose after you pop the cork. Mionetto Luxury Cartizze DOCG ($45 SRP) is the perfect well-balanced combination of a crisp taste and elegance in one bottle. A majestic, multi-faceted bouquet releases seductive impressions of apple and pear, alongside notes of citrus and glazed almond, making this a prime choice for a lazy Sunday brunch with Mom. Mionetto also collaborated with mixologist Justin Noel to create the delicious Lavender Blush cocktail.
A blend of gin, fresh grapefruit juice, and Lavender syrup will make the perfect libation for Mom, and all topped off with Mionetto Sparkling Rose ($14 SRP). Mionetto mini bottles are also available in both brut and rosé sparkling wine. They're the perfect addition for gift baskets!
Another great wine brand that I was recently introduced to is Vina San Pedro’s 9 Lives (SRP $9.99). They sent me a few samples to try and I was impressed!
- 9 Lives Cabernet Sauvignon 2016: Central Valley – Chile Lending itself to the to the ripe fruits of the Central Valley, strawberries and figs meld perfectly with vanilla and tobacco flavors
- 9 Lives Malbec 2017: Mendoza – Argentina The ruby-red Malbec offers smooth tannins, subtle floral notes and a delicate, persistent finish.
- 9 Lives Sauvignon Blanc 2017: Central Valley – Chile Fresh and well balanced, the Sauvignon Blanc offers citric notes of grapefruit and peach.
My personal favorite is the Sauvignon Blanc!
Send Your Mom a Gift Bakset
I know that we can't all see our moms on mother's day - I am so fortunate to live just a few blocks away from my parents, but I know that most people aren't so lucky. A great way to celebrate your mom this Mother's Day is by sending a Gift Basket! GourmetGiftBaskets.com offers a ton of gift baskets for every occasion, and I recently received their Gift Basket for Him to check out.
Everything comes already put together in these gift baskets, so all you have to do is order and wait for their thank you phone call - or text, or Facebook post. Ha!
They offer plenty of options for Mother's Day!
- Margarita Cocktail Mixer by Powell & Mahoney – Discover how a margarita is supposed to taste. Made with only real orange oil, lime juice, and organic cane sugar, this handcrafted cocktail mixer fills glasses with a refreshing elixir like no other.
- The Chipotle Salsa by Gringo Jacks – Tangy, spicy salsa that any tortilla chip would be lucky to dive into.
- Chichester Snack MIx by Merrimack Valley Snack Company – A delightful snack mix comprised of crunchy pretzel nuggets, cheddar cheese crackers, and premium nuts.
- Organic Dude Ranch Multigrain Chips by Late July -- Made with 100% whole multigrain, these tortilla chips are the perfect partner for the Chipotle Salsa
I hope that these 5 Mother's Day Gift Ideas makes shopping for your mom a little easier this year, and gives you some ideas for way to pamper yourself too!