These 4 New Children's Books for Children's Book Week are perfect for reading with your children and instilling a lifelong love of reading!
This week (November 7-13) is Children's Book Week and we can't wait to help you celebrate with these cool new book titles! In 2022, Children’s Book Week will enjoy two dedicated weeks of celebration!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
4 New Children's Books for Children's Book Week
Sterling and Nugget the Dragon by Judd B. Shaw
As the first story in Judd B. Shaw’s Sterling the Knight series of medieval adventures, Sterling and Nugget the Dragon teaches how kindness is mightier than the sword.
In a land far away, many fear a dragon named Nugget—including Sterling, a brave young boy, who dreams of becoming a knight. Sterling sets out to slay the dragon, until his quest presents him with a choice: fight or help. In choosing kindness and compassion, Sterling becomes a true knight.
Sterling and Nugget the Dragon fosters growth in a child’s social and emotional development. Sterling’s story will encourage the knight in shining armor within any child!
- Publication Date: 12/6/22
- Page Count: 32
- Format: Paperback
- Price: $9.95
- Publisher: Morgan James Kids
- ISBN: 978-1631959356
Sweet Dreams, Lil Paw by Bruce Dierking
It is hard being the youngest and smallest one in the family. Especially when your bedtime comes first, and you are feeling sad and afraid. Lil is just a pup, but she’s got big dreams, and nothing is going to hold her back!
Sweet Dreams, Lil Paw is the first book in the Power Paws series, a collection of children’s stories designed to grow with its readers from birth to age 10 by evolving in complexity and maturity to track with a child’s intellectual and emotional growth and reading abilities.
- Publication Date: 12/1/22
- Page count: 24
- Format: Board Book
- Price: $9.99
- Publisher: Circle D Publishing LLC
- ISBN: 979-8986096407
Little Imperfections by Peet Montzingo and Rockwell Sands
The dazzling new picture book that addresses the universal themes of being different, feeling like you don't fit in, and finding yourself along the way. The story is told through the empathic and humorous perspective of Peet Montzingo, the internet sensation who grew up as the only "tall" sibling in a family of little people.
In their debut picture book and accompanying video series, Peet Montzingo and Rockwell Sands have woven moving messages and life lessons with bravery, comedy, and grace. With captivating rhythms, lyrical rhymes and breathtaking illustrations, this book is sure to be a classic on your family's shelf for generations to come.
Little Imperfections carries timeless messages of love and acceptance told through a truly unique perspective, and makes the perfect gift for anybody - young, old, or in between…and the exclusive video version is available with purchase of the book!
- Publication Date: 11/1/22
- Page Count: 39
- Format: Hardcover
- Price: $19.99
- Publisher: Ginger With A Soul LLC
- ISBN: 979-8986283616
Giving Gal and the Christmas Cookie Extravaganza by Stephanie L. Jones
When Giving Gal hosts her annual Christmas Cookie Extravaganza, she is excited for her new friend, Tianna, to join in on the fun. Initially, the day doesn't go as planned.
But Giving Gal persists in giving encouragement, showing kindness, and making sure her friend feels included. This beautifully illustrated, heartfelt story reminds us of the power of our strengths and how, when we come together, magical moments happen.
- Publication Date: 7/18/22
- Price: $18.95
- Page Count: 36
- Format: Hardcover
- Publisher: Giving Gal, LLC
- ISBN: 978-1948693165
Every Child a Reader is an award-winning, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that celebrates the powerful impact books have on young people through some of the longest-running and largest reading outreach programs in the country. We believe introducing children to the magic of reading is hero’s work. We support a diverse network of heroes — including educators, caregivers, librarians, and booksellers — by connecting book creators with communities, providing literacy tools and resources, and championing young people’s voices.
We do this through a variety of fun and engaging programs:
- Children’s Book Week is the twice annual celebration of children’s books and reading. Established in 1919, it is the longest-running national literacy initiative in the country, now celebrating its 102nd anniversary with over 2,000 participating schools, libraries and bookstores in all 50 states.
- The National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature program connects young people with a prominent book creator on a mission to spread the message that reading is a fun and important part of young people’s growth and happiness. Co-sponsored by the Library of Congress, since 2008 various National Ambassadors have worked to gives young people a voice and listen to their stories. The current ambassador is Jason Reynolds.
- Kids’ Book Choice Awards is the one national book award program where the winners are selected only by kids and teens. The awards give young people a chance to voice their choice each year about the books that resonate with them.
- Get Caught Reading is a year-round national classroom and library poster campaign featuring authors, athletes, artists and public figures ‘caught reading’ a favorite book.
Share these 4 New Children's Books for Children's Book Week with your friends and family on social media!
If you love these 4 New Children's Books for Children's Book Week as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
ARE YOU CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND TRAVEL INSPIRATION?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for all the latest updates! Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox: