I can just make a batch on the weekend and stick them in an airtight container and WHAM! Ready-made breakfast treats for the entire week!
This White Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Recipe is perfect for year round breakfast (or snacks…desserts, you know, whatever!), but it’s perfect for an extra special Valentine’s Day breakfast indulgence!
White Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) white chocolate instant pudding mix
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1.5 ounces White Chocolate (Baker's Secret Chocolate Bars)
- (about ¼ cup white chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 300. Lightly grease a tart pan or round pie plate. (Or use a square baking pan)
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, pudding, sugar and salt until mixed well. Add flour. Be patient, this mixture will seem like it's doomed! Continue to mix and it will eventually go from small crumbles to a dough. As soon as that happens, stop beating.
- Press dough into your prepared pan and use your fingers or the back of a spoon to even it out.
- Prick dough with a fork. Sprinkle cranberries on top and press into the dough.
- Score the shortbread before baking. Gently press a knife about halfway into the dough in the pan with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cut shortbread on the score lines. Do this while warm before cooling completely.
- When cool, melt white chocolate in a microwave safe dish in 20 second increments until melted. Drizzle with a spoon over shortbread. Let set and serve.
This White Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread recipe makes 8 wedges, but you can easily cut them into 12. That means more happy mouths, or just more servings without the guilt!