Summer is here you guys! Raise your hands if you’re having some friends over for a backyard BBQ? How ’bout them Cubs and some tailgating? Don’t be hating on my Cubbies, now. They try… Anyways, let’s talk about party food, appetizers and something that not tiny hot dogs on a toothpick, k? How about we impress your friends with these Chili Lime Spicy Shrimp Cups maybe? Looks like the took a really long time to make and man are they good too! Secret?
They take about 15 minutes. No joke! Spicy Shrimp is the ‘in thing’. Let’s make those guests think you’re the hostess with the mostess! Grab a cocktail and enjoy the party! Don’t be stuck in the kitchen! Ready? Let’s do this!
Chili Lime Spicy Shrimp Cups – Easy Appetizer Recipe
Spicy Shrimp Cups Recipe
- 24 Wonton Wrapper
- 24 Medium Shrimp (devein, peeled, I used frozen)
- 2 Limes
- ½ Cup Arugula
- 3-4 TBS Sour Cream
- 2 TBS Butter (melted)
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- ½ TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Chili or Cayenne
- Let's start the spicy shrimp cups by preheating the oven to *350.
- Take 2 wonton wrappers and brush with a bit of melted butter. Arrange them in muffin pan cup so they form a 'cup'. Do the same with the rest of the wontons. You'll fill 12 cups.
- Adjust recipe accordingly to make more.
- Bake for 5 minutes. The edges will be a nice golden brown. (see above)
- While those are baking, grab a medium bowl.
- We're going to make spicy shrimp! Put shrimp, olive oil, salt and chili in. Give it a good toss to thoroughly coat all shrimp.
- Bake these on a cookie sheet for about 6-8 minutes until completely cooked.
- Now, we just need to assemble them. Fill each wonton cup with a dollop of sour cream, a couple leaves of arugula, 2 shrimp and squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top.
These are great served hot or cold! They will also keep for a day or so in a sealed container in the ‘fridge.
See, I told you! Way better than tiny hot dogs on toothpicks, right?? Now, take these spicy shrimp cups outside to your peeps, grab yourself a cocktail and go enjoy that party!
What’s your plan for this Summer? And no jokes about my beloved Cubs!