When Valentine's Day rolls around each year, I like to stay in and make an extravagant dinner and dessert, rather than stand around in line at the crowded restaurants waiting for a seat.
I am always looking for new Valentine's Day desserts, and this Valentine's Day Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse recipe is PERFECT for going the extra mile on that special romantic evening.
This delicious Valentine's Day Dessert Recipe post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Valentine's Day Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse Recipe
This isn't quite as light as a mousse, but it's creamy and delicious. The cream cheese really adds an element of deliciousness (I'm not a writer) and it's quite tasty. Decadent comes to mind here. It is a very hoity toity of a dessert if you ask me, yet so simple to make.
Tip: How on Earth do you divide something into tablespoons when you simply have a 1 Tablespoon measuring spoon? Use a portion scoop (you know, like a cookie scoop).
Fortunately I have all three - 3 Tablespoons, 2 Tablespoons and 1 Tablespoon.
Are you looking for more quick an easy Valentine's Day recipes to serve like this Mousse Recipe?
Check out these really fun Valentine's day recipes on The Rebel Chick.
Valentine's Day Recipes
Why Make This Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse Recipe?
This Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cream Mousse Recipe is perfect for those who want a little Valentine's Day dessert but do not really want to go all out prepping, baking, decorating!
You know how tedious all of that can be when you're trying to juggle the many different aspects of life. This is a simple recipe and delivers beautiful results!
Ingredients needed to make this Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup fresh raspberries (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (for the heart garnish)
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Directions for making this Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse
In a plastic Ziploc bag, place chocolate chips and microwave them in 15 second increments, kneading them in between until they are fully melted.
Cut the tip of one of the bottom corners of the bag and pipe out hearts onto waxed paper or parchment paper. Let it dry (you can place in the fridge if you like).
Using a mixer, beat cream cheese. Add in sugar and vanilla and mix it well and then set it aside.
Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form user your mixer. Combine with cream cheese mixture and beat well.
Divide your mousse into thirds, place 6 tablespoons into one bowl (this is the white), 9 tablespoons into another bowl and leave the remainders in the original bowl.
Add cocoa power to the mixing bowl and beat well until combined.
Add strawberries to the 9 tablespoons of reserved mousse. Crush as you mix well with a spoon.
Spoon two tablespoons of chocolate, followed by two tablespoons of raspberry, and topped with t tablespoon of the white mousse. Garnish with prepared chocolate heart and a raspberry!
Share this Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
To print this Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse Recipe, simply click the recipe card below.
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse
- In a plastic ziploc bag, place chocolate chips and microwave in 15 second increments, kneading in between until melted. Cut the tip and pipe heart shapes onto waxed paper. Let dry.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese. Add sugar and vanilla and mix well. Set aside.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form using your mixer. Combine with cream cheese mixture and beat well.
- Divide your mousse into thirds: Place 6 tablespoons into one bowl (this is the white), 9 tablespoons into another bowl, and leave the remaining in the mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa powder to the mixing bowl and beat well until combined.
- Add strawberries to the 9 tablespoons of reserved mousse. Crush as you mix well with a spoon.
- Spoon two tablespoons of chocolate, followed by two tablespoons of raspberry and topped with 1 tablespoon of white mousse. Garnish with prepared chocolate heart and raspberry.