When Valentine’s Day rolls around each year, I like to stay in and make an extravagant dinner and dessert, rather than stand around in line at the crowded restaurants waiting for a seat. I am always looking for new Valentine’s Day desserts, and this Valentine’s Day Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse recipe is PERFECT for going the extra mile on that special romantic evening.
This isn’t quite as light as a mousse, but it’s creamy and delicious. The cream cheese really adds an element of deliciousness (I’m not a writer) and it’s quite tasty. Decadent comes to mind here. Very hoity toity of a dessert if you ask me, yet so simple to make.
Tip: How on Earth do you divide something into tablespoons when you simply have a 1 Tablespoon measuring spoon? Use a portion scoop (you know, like a cookie scoop). Fortunately I have all three – 3 Tablespoons, 2 Tablespoons and 1 Tablespoon.
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse Recipe
Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Mousse
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips for heart garnish
- In a plastic ziploc bag, place chocolate chips and microwave in 15 second increments, kneading in between until melted. Cut the tip and pipe heart shapes onto waxed paper. Let dry.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese. Add sugar and vanilla and mix well. Set aside.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form using your mixer. Combine with cream cheese mixture and beat well.
- Divide your mousse into thirds: Place 6 tablespoons into one bowl (this is the white), 9 tablespoons into another bowl, and leave the remaining in the mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa powder to the mixing bowl and beat well until combined.
- Add strawberries to the 9 tablespoons of reserved mousse. Crush as you mix well with a spoon.
- Spoon two tablespoons of chocolate, followed by two tablespoons of raspberry and topped with 1 tablespoon of white mousse. Garnish with prepared chocolate heart and raspberry.