New Lifestyle of Former Smoker
Everyone who has ever quit smoking for the not very short period and also those who succeeded in this knows that both body and brain are affected severely by new feelings. When I realized that smoking brings me more harm than relief I started to ask myself: how to change for the better, how to start a new life? I am sure that millions of people ask this question every day. And the desire for self-improvement is inherent in a person at any age. Most often we plan to engage in physical education, quit smoking, eat less, correct some character traits, learn to swim, drive a car, play the guitar, etc. The question is – how to succeed?
How to start a “new life”?
It is strange, but the majority of those who want to change themselves for the better do not know what they want. Their intentions are often vague, and the goals are not specific. Without a clear plan, it is impossible to achieve particular results. Common mistake – the desire from a certain point (Monday, the first day, the new year) to begin improving immediately on all aspects and directly on the highest score. Psychologists believe that real results can be achieved only if simultaneously deal with the solution of one or at most – two problems. So it makes no sense to give yourself on the next Monday more than two tasks related to the “beginning of a new life.” It is useful to think in advance about the emotional reinforcement of their actions. Essential is the attitude of others towards our endeavors.
Most often a smoker likes to smoke because it seems to him that smoking makes life easier for him, shares his joy and sorrow with him. This is a big mistake. Smoking is not a friend, but an enemy. To prove this idea, it is enough to analyze the pleasure of smoking. And how to start a new life – a life without a cigarette? There are some steps which I have gone through:
- Separate communication from smoking. This means that you should not smokeduring a conversation. If you still want to communicate with people who smoke – start vaping. It is not harmful, but just the same for your brain. Start with choosing among the variety of vape kits from Vapingdaily the one that will be perfect for you. No need to reduce conversations!
- Separate smoking from food. Usually, you eat and reach for the cigarette right away.
It seems for such people that they get pleasure from smoking, but in fact, it is food makes them happy. Do not smoke after eating, do not smoke after a cup of coffee. You will quickly get used to enjoying eating without a cigarette.
- Try not to smoke at least a day, and you will feel how you are accustomed to smoking. Try to explore the benefits of smoking cessation. Cultivate thoughts about the pleasure of non-smoking: the ability to breathe the clean air, to get rid of shortness of breath, coughing, bad breath, etc. Over time, you should feel disgusted for the cigarette. And the lousy breath was one of the first reasons, first indicators of me quitting smoking. I was struggling for a cigarette after the morning espresso, but then one thought about lousy breath all during the day stopped me. I decided to vape instead of smoking and bought vape pen starter kit because I did not know how to choose. And realize I smell either like tropical fruit or like cheesecake, depends on liquid!
- If you decided to end smoking in one day and categorically refused to smokeсigarettes, after a while, unable to stand the desire, you will start again. You had better not quit smoking this way. The best advice among others is to do it softly, with no restrictions and stress. Yes, maybe you do not smoke for two days, but your eye is twitching, and the only thought you have is when you can finally return your sweet addiction. So, as I said before, try vaping, even with nicotine at first. It is like the bridge between disgusting habit and healthy lifestyle. And if you like the process, you can move on from vape starter kit to any other type! Just do not destroy your mental health while quitting.
What is the main problem?
It does not matter how much it takes to get rid of nicotine and cleanse the body of accumulated dirt. This should be the last interest of the person who quits smoking because the body knows best how to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible. The main problem for quitters is that they start again! And this is the main problem of the majority. With the physical side of the issue and withdrawal, there are no severe problems, because hardly noticeable discomfort in physical withdrawal disappears on the fifth day without pain. The main problem for the smoker creates a desire to smoke in the usual situations, when a person is resting or, conversely, is stressed.
Start living an active life
The first thing I have changed in my life is a sedentary lifestyle. I was looking for the perfect kind of sport for me because jogging or cardio exercises are impossible to cope with for me. Then I found yoga center in my neighbourhood, and now I visit yoga class three times a week!
Do you want to know the benefits of the sport after quitting smoking?
- Detoxification of the body – exercises cleanse the body of the extensive toxic substances contained in cigarettes.
- Coping with stress – this is an effective way to deal with the stress associated with the rejection of cigarettes.
- Switching your attention – regular training distracts you from thinking about cigarettes and does not give you time for a smoke break.
- Fighting excess weight – if you are worried that you will gain weight by stopping smoking, keep in mind that training burns extra calories and helps you feed the wolfish appetite that often occurs when you give up nicotine.
So, it is your choice to smoke or not to smoke. But I quit and feel much better! I hope my experience was useful for you and now you are thinking about the nearest park where you can exercise tomorrow morning instead of smoking.