Perhaps you’ve been thinking about starting your own new business venture lately but had no idea where to start. Or maybe you have some big ideas but have no idea how to put pen to paper with them and kickstart your journey. It seems that everyone today is Blogging in some capacity, but it is definitely not always as easy as you may think. Start making ideas now, mind maps and notes to see what your niche could be and what content you might like to put out. Time to look at some ways to get going with it today.
- Create a good, intriguing name - this must be related to your Blog niche in some way, or it can be totally irrelevant but choose something sassy and interesting. Think about who you’re trying to reach, what the them of the Blog will be, how will it be compelling in a business way and will the name be able to incorporate SEO in the title? If you’re struggling to create a name for your blog that includes keywords, then include some keywords related.
- Target your audience early - know your audience and who you’re writing for. This will allow you to really target specific audiences early on and help grow your Blog and its SEO. It will also help potential brands to find your if you’re looking to expand and start working with monetising your Blog.
- Start a good URL structure - SEO is going to be so important for growing your Blog and of course you can look at getting professional assistance to help you from the outset. You can look at Ignite Digital, and start developing your Blog in every way from design to SEO. When it comes to creating the URLs for a post, look at making the URL as descriptive as possible, leaving out any conjunctions to keep it direct and simple. This is user friendly and great for your Blog.
- Add great imagery - use incredible imagery that will be noticed on Google and help drive traffic to your site. You can optimise this and increase visitor engagement. You can link any images upto Pinterest for people to pin also. Tag all images, with great in depth descriptions and even embed videos from YouTube. Review all tags and monitor as you go, you can analyse your entire Blog with Google Analytics.
- Get sharing and get involved! Start getting involved with a community, the more you share your Blog and the more you comment on other people’s content, the more you are exposing yourself to a bigger audience. Be positive, be constructive and friendly and link to your Blog, which is a great way to promote your Blog on bigger more popular Blogs. Growing a community is so important, people like to feel part of something and it starts with you!
Are you ready to take the next step? It doesn’t have to be difficult, in fact, it should be fun and exciting and there is plenty of benefits to starting your own Blog. Are you tempted yet?