Since my daughter switched from formula to ‘regular’ milk it’s been a struggle to get her to drink it. Finally, I *mostly* gave up on her drinking ‘regular’ milk altogether. Instead opting for flavored milk drinks. While standing in the refrigerator section at our local store it was quickly apparent who had that market cornered: TruMoo.
They have flavors ranging from Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and even seasonal favorites as well as varieties in Whole Milk, 2%, 1% and Lowfat. My child is the type of kid who gets addicted to a particular food and then once she burns herself out she doesn’t want it again for a long period of time. So I like that I can swap out flavors for her to keep her from getting bored. I also like that I can sneak in that calcium in completely new ways like Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- You favorite pancake mix.
- Swap out the milk in the recipe for equal parts TruMoo Calcium Plus Chocolate milk.
- Add semisweet chocolate morsels to taste.
Mix ingredients together well.
Pour batter onto a hot skillet.
Cook pancakes until the edges form and the batter starts to bubble.
Flip and cook <g class="gr_ gr_318 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_hide gr_disable_anim_appear Grammar" id="318" data-gr-id="318">an additional 2-3 minutes</g>.
Serve with fruit and whipped topping.
I have to admit, even I love these pancakes! The TruMoo gives off just a hint of chocolate flavor without being over powering.
Recently TruMoo announced another new product I’m sure many moms can get on board with: TruMoo Calcium Plus Chocolate Milk.
Like regular TruMoo, TruMoo Calcium Plus milk contains no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial growth hormones and no artificial sweeteners – and it’s made with 50 percent more calcium per serving than regular low-fat white milk.
Everyone knows that getting enough calcium is important for bones, young and old. Yet many of us are failing to meet your daily calcium requirements. According to the National Institutes of Health, boys ages 9-13, girls ages 9-18, women over 50 and men over 70 are failing to meet their daily calcium requirements from diet alone. What better way to make sure we (and our kids!) are getting the calcium they need than with a chocolate milk drink they actually enjoy? Unlike veggies you won’t have to sneak this one past them and as a seasoned parent I’m all about picking my battles. And calcium does a lot more than just build healthy bones. It is one of the most essential nutrients for our body, playing an important role in nerve function, blood clotting and muscle contraction.
Do you know how important calcium is in the diet? Check out these facts!
- Peak bone mass occurs between the ages of 18 and 25. The more bone you have at the time of peak bone mass, the less likely you are to break a bone or get osteoporosis later in life.
- Our bodies cannot produce new calcium so it is important to eat and drink foods rich in calcium like low fat dairy, yogurt and fortified cereal.
- When we don’t get enough calcium for our body’s needs, it is taken from our bones. Meeting daily calcium needs by consuming these foods can help prevent osteoporosis.
- Even after kids stop growing taller, they continue to make more bone than they lose, adding density to their bones. Between 18 and 25 kids will hit peak bone mass. The more bone they have by this time, the less likely you are to break a bone or get osteoporosis later in life.
More than just providing 50% more calcium, Chocolate Milk is a nutrient powerhouse. TruMoo Calcium Plus provides eight essential nutrients – potassium, protein, vitamins A, D, and B12, riboflavin and phosphorus, and that extra boost of calcium. TruMoo Calcium Plus milk is available now in the dairy case at grocery and convenience stores nationwide in half gallon bottles with an SRP of $4.49.
To learn more about TruMoo Calcium Plus and other TruMoo milk varieties, please visit www.TruMoo.com.