It's officially BTS season. What exactly does that mean? Well, parents (and teachers) know it all too well...it's BACK TO SCHOOL season!
That means an influx of "starving" kids in the after school hours, tons of homework, paperwork to fill out, running to the store to get last minute school supplies...
I can already feel the stress creeping up on me!
One thing that makes life easier during the Back to School transition is super easy Back to School Snacks, like these yummy Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Muffins!
I L O V E zucchini but the only way I can ever get Angeline to eat it is in muffin or bread form, so that she doesn't physically see the "vegetable."
For some reason, she has a strong aversion to all things squash-related.
It's like she's not even related to me!
Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread Recipe
2 ½ cups sugar
1 TBS vanilla
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup oil (or you can substitute applesauce)
3 TBS lemon juice
¼ cup milk
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 cups shredded zucchini
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 teaspoon lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350.
In large bowl, mix together sugar, vanilla, eggs, oil, lemon juice, and milk. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir into liquid mixture, until just combined.
Your batter will be lumpy and that's okay!
Fold in zucchini, blueberries, and lemon zest. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
Fill each tin ¾ths of the way full with batter.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
These are great for breakfast too, of course, but I love the idea of having a nice baked good sitting on the table for Angeline when she gets home from school that is not only full of veggies and fruit, but seems like a "treat" because, well, it's a baked good!
Want More Back to School Snacks?
With back to school in full swing, I bet you need plenty of quick and easy back to school snacks, right?
Try these other fun recipes from my blogging friends - we've all come up with ideas that are not only quick and easy but also delicious and sure to please your little ones (and big ones too)!
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus from Stephie Cooks
- Pizza & Buffalo Wing Bites from BetsyLife
- Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops from Home Cooking Memories
- Pita Nachos from A Little Claireification
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Muffins from The Rebel Chick
- Easy Cinnamon Fruit Cup from Million Moments
- Loaded Pizza Pinwheels from A Night Owl Blog
- How to Pop Popcorn in a Brown Paper Bag in the Microwave from Bless This Mess Please
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites from Mom Endeavors
- Green Smoothie from See Vanessa Craft
- No-Bake Almond Protein Bites from Around My Family Table
- Banana Roll Ups from Plugged In Family