I love Valentine’s Day. I love the love, the sweetness, the romance…and the sweets! I especially love creating goodies for the loved ones in my life on Valentine’s Day, like this easy Valentines Day chocolate bark recipe that I made yesterday!
I love chocolate and what better holiday to indulge than on Valentine’s Day? It is a day made for chocolate, don’t you think?
Instead of going out and spending a ton of money on boxes of chocolates for your loved ones, why not spend a few minutes creating your very own chocolate indulgence? Homemade gifts mean so much to our friends and family, and there is the added benefit of actually saving money and being able to be extra creative when you deliver a homemade gift.
Of course everyone likes Godiva and Hershey’s Chocolate, but there’s something extra special about handing a homemade gift to that someone special in your life. It’s like saying “I love you so much that I made something for you myself. Nothing in the store was good enough for you!”
This easy Valentine’s Day chocolate bark recipe takes just a few minutes to make and you can use different combinations of chocolates and decorations to customize it to your liking.
Easy Valentines Day Chocolate Bark Recipe
An Easy Valentines Day Chocolate Bark Recipe
- 1 bag 16 oz of milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag of red or pink Wilton candy melts
- Optional assorted sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals, stirring the chocolate at each interval. Total cooking time should be between 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on the brand of chocolate chips you are using.
- Pour melted chocolate onto lined cookie sheet and put into the fridge to cool while you are cooking the candy melts.
- Repeat the melting process with the candy melts, though they usually only take 1 minute and 30 seconds maximum to cook.
- The chocolate should be cooled and a bit firm at this point, so remove from the fridge. Pour the candy melts onto the prepared chocolate and immediately add sprinkles if you are using sprinkles.
- Place in the fridge to harden, it should take about 20 minutes.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and this Valentine’s Day Chocolate Bark Recipe will last up to two weeks!