HVAC is known as Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. Using HVAC will always help you manage the temperature, filter the air inside, and deal with humidity, meeting the comfort needs of the inhabitants in a room or residence. The major components of the HVAC system are the evaporator, fan, expansion valve, refrigerator cycle, condenser, and compressor.
It is essential for a home to have an HVAC system, and it is necessary that this system be well maintained. It might seem like a mere thing, but it will play the most vital role in confirming your health. Cleaning them can save you from various worries and can save you money too.
MERV Rating and MERV Filters
Air filters can come in different shapes and range in various sizes. You have to ensure that they fit your ventilation system space. You can also take experts advice from Custom Filters Direct if you have any doubt regarding size of your air filter. Have you heard of MERV ratings? If not, they are the rating system manufacturers use to compare the filters. MERV stands for Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value. These MERV ratings range from 1 to 20. MERV rating 1 has < 20% capacity to trap air particles 0.3 to 1.0 microns.
Note that the higher MERV ratings are best to capture the finest ones. MERV 11 filters are eligible for people having pets, and they will help remove all the pet hair or fur and all other allergic substances and make the indoor air quality very comforting and safe. MERV filter ratings from 8 to 11 are eligible for residential purposes.
5 HVAC Problems Caused by Filthy Air Filters
- High Energy Bills: The cost of maintenance and repairs for your HVAC systems should always be sought apart from the cost of purchasing your unit. As the days go by, the prices will always go up and down, and in this case, you should always be cautious as dirty filters can bring you a lot of energy bills.
- Clogged Cycle: While the air filters get clogged with filth, it gives resistance to the airflow, and it becomes challenging to get the normal airflow back until it is cleaned thoroughly.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: It is expected to have horrible indoor air quality as the air filter is dirty. You need to clean it to expect a good performance. You might also have allergic reactions due to an unhealthy air environment. As the layers of dirt are constantly piling up inside the filter, it needs to get cleaned and maintained regularly.
- Insufficient Heating System: The dirty air filter usually needs more energy to cool down, and the pollutants in the home continuously create pressure on the furnace systems so that they use more power. The repairing process, in this case, is always very expensive.
- Foul Odor Inside the House: The responsibility of the air filter is to remove all kinds of foul smells and dust particles from the air. But a filthy air filter will always cause an unpleasant odor, so it should always be cleaned from time to time.
Maintaining is the key to keeping a device or a machine lasting long. And in the case of air filters, they should be taken care of regularly as it is used for cleanliness in every house. Furnace filters will continually improve energy efficiency and will save you money. It will always help take in more particles and improve indoor air quality. But above all, you need to be cautious about proper cleaning and maintaining your HVAC system, as it is crucial to keep the indoor atmosphere healthy.
Leave a Reply