Due to technical difficulties, my recipe contributor, Ronni, isn’t able to login to share her latest recipe. So I am posting for her! Hopefully we will be back on track soon and you’ll see her lovely face in author box with her next post.
Today, I’m sharing an old family secret. My grandmother’s Italian Meatballs recipe. I’ve tweaked it a tiny bit for my busy schedule. It’s now a Slow Cooker Meatball Subs recipe, but still has grandma’s love all in there. I made these Slow Cooker Meatball Subs the other night and forgot just how many you get from this recipe. We froze quite a few. My husband warmed some up for lunch and made himself this awesome Meatball Sub Sandwich. Oh.My.Yum! You’re going to want to pin this for later. And bring napkins!
Slow Cooker Meatball Subs Recipe
- 2lbs Ground Beef (90/10)
- 12OZ Italian Sausage remove from casing -spicy, mild, pick your favorite!)
- 4 Eggs
- 1¼ Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- ½ TSP Garlic (minced fine)
- 2 TSP Each Salt & Pepper
- 2 Jars Marinara Sauce
- Soft deli Rolls
- Sliced Mozzarella Cheese To Top Subs
- Pre-heat oven to *425.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, sausage, eggs, breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
- This makes 45-50 meatballs so you’ll want to lightly spray 2 baking sheets.
- To form meatballs you can either eyeball and roll the size of golf balls or use a small ice cream scoop. Either way, you want them all to be the same size.
- Drop on baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Place on top rack of oven. Bake for 10 minutes, flipping each over ½ way through.
- You just want to make sure the outsides are browned. They will finish cooking in slow cooker. Go ahead and set that on low.
- When meatballs are browned, place them in your slow cooker and cover completely with sauce. Cover and let those babies cook for 4 hours.
- Slice soft deli rolls, load them up with a few meatballs each and enough sauce to make your mouth and tummy happy.
- Top with sliced mozzarella cheese.
Serve these Slow Cooker Meatball Subs with a side of fries, maybe some cool cole slaw… Enjoy!