Cake Batter Puppy Chow Recipe – Spring Muddy Buddies – Whether You Call It Puppy Chow Or Muddy Buddies, This Is One Tasty Snack You’ll Want To Whip Up!
Cake Batter Puppy Chow Recipe – Spring Muddy Buddies
My Cake Batter Puppy Chow Recipe is not only super cute, it’s super yummy too! Now, I know we may disagree on what to call it – Puppy Chow Recipe VS Muddy Buddie Recipe – But there’s no denying that we all love to munch on this tasty snack mix! Bet ya can’t eat just one!
Cake Batter Puppy Chow Recipe
- 12 OZ White Candy Melts (chocolate or vanilla mini chips work awesome)
- 5 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 ½ Cups Yellow Cake Mix
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Food Coloring
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and the cake mix. Set aside until needed.
- Divide the Chex cereal into 3 different large bowls.
- Divide the white candy melts into 3 different bowls, microwave until melted. Careful not to scorch! Add in a drop or two of fun Spring themed food coloring of your choice into each bowl to make various colors.
- Pour one bowl of the candy melts over one bowl of the Chex Cereal. Stir very gently until the cereal pieces are coated. Careful not to break cereal into pieces. Add in sprinkles if desired. Pour ⅓ of the powdered sugar and cake mixture over the cereal pieces and stir gently until coated. Repeat with the second and third bowls of cereal.
- Finally, mix all three of the cereal colors together in a large bowl. Enjoy within a week of making. Store in a ziploc bag or air tight container.
How cute are those? Now, you can’t help but start snacking! These are totally addicting. If you have little ones, let them help! This is an easy Kids In The Kitchen Recipe for sure!
This Cake Batter Puppy Chow Recipe is also a great snack idea for your next party! Wouldn’t the kids just love bringing home a goody bag full of these tasty treats instead of a boring old kazoo?