Angeline is turning 17 next month, and as I went to pay the rental fee at our local park for her very last "kid" birthday party, something occurred to me. If my little baby daughter is going to turn 17 next month...that means I am old. Graying hair, wrinkles around the eyes, considering acid peels and long term care insurance...old, y'all. I've teamed up with Wendy’s® on this sponsored post to share a little about the positives of getting older - wait. Scratch that. I am not getting older...I am just a grown up. Yeah, that sounds better!
Do you remember the first moment you realized that you were a grown up? That golden moment when you realized that you were in charge, you made the decisions, and everything that happened in your life was up to you? It's pretty awesome, isn't it? Sometimes it sneaks up on us and we're left standing there in the park office, filling out a rental agreement for the last kiddie party you'll ever throw...and you think to yourself When did this happen? When did I become a grown up?
Oh, there were so many subtle hints along the way...
10 Ways You Know You're a Grown Up
1. You have to start dying your hair. Oh, not because you want to experiment with a fun new color, but because you need to cover the gray...
2. You tell your teenage daughter that your favorite movie when YOU were a teen was The Breakfast Club...and she's never heard of it. (I know, I am a terrible parent, there is no excuse for her to not know and love this classic coming of age film!)
3. You hear your favorite band, Pearl Jam, referred to as C L A S S I C R O C K.
What? "Classic" means old! Eddie Vedder still sounds like he did in the 90's, he can't be a part of a classic rock band!
4. You realize that Ice Ice Baby was not the best song ever made about Miami.
What can I say, hindsight is 20/20.
5. You've been saying "Awesome" for so long that it came back in style. I'm still waiting for "radical" to make a comeback.
6. You stop shopping in the Juniors department at Macy's.
Yes. Finally. The Women's department isn't so scary, guys!
7. "Girl's Night Out" ends at 10 PM...with the same group of ladies who used to MEET up at 10 PM to start getting ready for a girl's night out.
8. You catch yourself referring to anyone under 30 as "that kid."
9. Your nighstand drawer is full of night creams, wrinkle serums, your nightly vitamins and all-natural sleep aids. And dark chocolate. It's the only candy you can eat without guilt. It has antioxidants!!
10. You realize that there is more to life than American cheese. It's all about the Gouda, baby! The new Wendy’s® new Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche is a distinctive chicken sandwich that awakens your grown up tastes.
I took Angeline for a late lunch so that I could try the new Wendy’s® Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche because it's only available for a limited time - she ate chicken nuggets and a frosty. She's still a kid, remember? While she dunked her nuggets in her frosty (she swears it is delicious), I enjoyed a pretty fancy little sandwich - for about $5.00.
Hey, if this is what it means to be a grown up, I am totally cool with that.
The new Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche is packed with flavor that will make your mouth water!
It has a thick, creamy Dijon aioli with a tangy mustard finish, a sweet caramelized onion sauce made from puréed caramelized onions, sliced red onions, a fresh spring mix, all on a lightly breaded chicken breast with a slice of smoked, rich Gouda cheese...and if that toasted Brioche bun doesn't say "grown up," then I don't know what does!
Wendy’s® is no stranger to introducing a higher standard of cheese to their menu, with past sandwiches featuring Asiago, Cheddar and Muenster. I love that they're kicking the menu up a notch with high quality menu items that are so unlike many fast food restaurants, like natural cheeses, aiolis and artisan breads.
With such tasty meals offered at completely affordable prices (the Wendy’s® Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche has a suggested price of $4.79), I think I can used to this grown up thing.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wendy’s®