My Travel Bucket List
The Colosseum in Rome, Italy.To see where Gladiators fought, to walk where Emperors walked…it is a dream of mine. 7/30/2013 I want to eat real pizza in Naples, Italy. Being part Italian, I think there’s something in my DNA that requires pizza on a regular basis. When I took Italian classes in high school (two years!), I was offered an opportunity to visit Italy one summer with the Italian Club, but my parents didn’t allow me to go. The thing that disappointed me the most? No Italian pizza. 7/29/2013 I want to see firsthand the greatness that is Mount Vesuvius– coincidentally, also in Naples, Italy. I will get to Italy one day! 7/29/2013 I want to stroll the French Quarter in New Orleans, Louisiana. I fell in love with the city while reading Anne Rice in High School…yet I somehow have yet to make it there! 5/6/2014
- I want to eat tapas in the Canary Islands. Or on the Spanish mainland. Either way, I want tapas. Good tapas.
- I want to walk through the streets of Havana. Yes, I want to go to Cuba. Surprised that this little white girl wants to visit Cuba? Well, guess what? I’m part Cuban. Ever since my Cuban grandmother died, I have day dreamed about the idea of seeing where she came from.
I want to do an all-inclusive spa resort just once.Anywhere. I want to be pampered and made to feel like a princess…with no pets to feed, no laundry to fold, no floors to vacuum…hey, a girl can dream, right? This is a dream list! 11/6/2013
- I want to hike Manchu Picchu. Ancient civilizations fascinate me. They make me feel connected to the world, they remind me of how quickly life passes…and how important it is to leave a legacy.
- I want to drink a beer in the United Kingdom, anywhere really. My ancestry is Dutch Irish, English, Italian, German and Cherokee Indian. Of all of that mixture running through my blood, the one I identify with the least is the English. I like to think that if I went to England, saw the grassy meadows Jane Austen wrote about so favorably, ate the local food and saw the sites, I might remedy that.
- I want to see the lighthouses of Maine. Being a huge fan of Stephen King for most of my life, I have always wanted to see the New England coast. Also? I love lighthouses. And lobster, but that’s a whole different bucket list!
I want to spend the night at a haunted inn in Savannah, Georgia. Another fascination with a city based on a novel…after reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil several times, I’ve decided that Savannah must be the most beautiful place on earth. I really should visit Savannah to find out, don’t you think? 10/4/2012
- I want to take a road trip along Route 66. I have driven along Route 66 in New Mexico, and I have walked to the end of Route 66 in Santa Monica…but I’d love to drive the entire way, just like my grandfather did back in his early days. Like him, I would probably tell the story for the rest of my life…to my grandchildren. Over and over and over again.
- I want to walk on the Great Wall of China. That’s not weird, right?
- I want to see the Grand Canyon. No hike it, mind you, but I want to see it. Preferably at sunset.
- I also want to see the Hoover Dam. And when I see it, I want to say Daaaaaaaamn.
- I want to see Angel Falls in Venezuela. I saw them in a documentary one day and they make Niagara Falls look like a broken fire hydrant. No offense to Niagara Falls…
- I want to visit Bran or Poenari Caste in Romania. That’s right – Dracula’s Castle. I don’t want to spend the night, mind you…a daytime tour would suit me just fine.
- I want to spend more time on the Gulf Coast, whether it be Sanibel and Captiva, Pensacola Beach, or somewhere in Alabama or Mississippi. I adore the beaches of the Gulf Coast. Also? Crawfish are some of the only shellfish that don’t make me sick.
I want to visit Alaska,whether it be on a cruise or just a tour. I want to see icebergs, Puffins and heck, maybe even a moose. 8/19/2014
- I want to see Stonehenge. Really bad. Really, really bad.
- I want to visit Australia and not see any funnel spiders, or any of the top ten dangerous snakes in the world.
I have always wanted to take a safari through Africa. Lions, Elephants and Hyenias, oh my!3/2015
- I’d also love to see the Easter Island Heads. If you haven’t figured it out by now, I basically want to see every human built structure that I’ve ever read about.
- Carnival in Rio De Janeiro, anyone?
- I’d also love to take a tour along the Amazon River…as long as there are no giant, man-eating anacondas going after me.
- I want to see the Wisconsin Dells.
Boston. I want to visit Boston.Also? I want to take a little detour and visit Salem as well. Two historical birds, one stone. 5/1/2014
- I want to go to Disneyland!
I have always wanted to go explore the Mayan ruins in Mexico.9/2015 (El Salvador…close enough!)
- Russia. The motherland. I want to eat bear, wear heavy coats and drink really, really good vodka.
I would love to tour Nappa Wine Valley! Why? Because I love wine! 6/20/2014
- I want to see the Northern Lights. Just once would suffice – I am pretty sure I’d remember it for the rest of my life!
If you work with the media and think that you can help me accomplish any of these goals, please feel free to contact me at therebelchick (at) gmail (dot).com!