This is a sponsored post on behalf of Hallmark Publishing.
As the Christmas and Holiday season is quickly approaching, many are already starting early to make their gift wish lists and gift-giving lists! There’s an AMAZING new book, Wrapped Up in Christmas, coming out from Hallmark Publishing that you don’t want to miss out on!
Wrapped Up in Christmas, written by Janice Lynn of Hallmark Publishing, is now part of my own personal holiday gift guide! This is the perfect gift to give to those special loved ones in your life. Whether you are a book enthusiast like me, or know one..this book is a MUST have. “Wrapped Up in Christmas” is based on a Hallmark original movie and is now available in Paperback, e-book a well as audiobook! As a bonus, readers can also enjoy recipes based off this incredible story as well. Why not have your cake and eat it to? Scroll down for the recipe!
Wrapped Up in Christmas by Hallmark Publishing
The BEST PART is that one lucky winner will receive a copy of “Wrapped Up in Christmas” for their reading pleasure! Just leave me a comment on this blog post telling me which Hallmark Movie or TV show is your favorite! The giveaway will end Nov 1 at midnight EST and I will draw a winner using Random.org.
This book truly does remind us all that it is always better to give, than to receive. Wishing you all a very happy and healthy holiday season!
Wrapped Up in Christmas
A gift of warmth to heal two hearts…
Sarah Smith in Pine Hill, Kentucky has had her heart broken in the past. She pours herself into her work at church and into special projects—like making a quilt for a wounded warrior.
Bodie Lewis is lost. All he’s ever wanted was his career as an Army Ranger, but he was injured in an explosion that killed his brothers in arms. In the hospital, he receives a handmade quilt. Later, he sets out on his final mission: to find and thank its maker.
Bodie expected Sarah to be an elderly lady, not a lovely young woman. When she mistakes him for a handyman, he doesn’t immediately set her straight. Instead, he sets about repairing the home she’s turning into a bed and breakfast. Sarah’s presence and the spirit of the small town bring Bodie something he thought he’d left far behind on the battlefield: hope.
Doesn’t that sound like an a beautiful, heart-warming Christmas story? I love it!! You can purchase your copy at your local Hallmark stores or at HallmarkChannel.com!
In Wrapped Up In Christmas, one of the ladies at Sarah’s church is famous for her cinnamon bread recipe. Others attempt to copy it without success. Here’s that secret recipe, filled with cinnamon and covered with yummy icing. The trick to beautiful swirls is in folding the dough into thirds so you get an extra layer of the delicious cinnamon-sugar blend. This bread is perfect for a Christmas celebration, like Sarah and Bodie enjoy together, or for any time of year.
Yield: 2 loaves (16 servings) Prep Time: 3 hours
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
Wrapped up in Christmas Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
Wrapped Up in Christmas Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
- - 1⁄4 cup warm water
- - 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- - 1 envelope active dry yeast
- - 1 cup whole milk
- - 3 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature - 4 cups bread flour
- - 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- - 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- - 1 large egg beaten
- Cinnamon Sugar:
- - 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- - 1⁄4 cup granulated white sugar
- - 11⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon - 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Spread:
- - 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature - 1 cup powdered sugar
- - 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- - 1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk
- To prepare dough: combine warm water, 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes or until foamy.
- While yeast is activating, combine milk and butter in small saucepan and heat briefly to melt butter. Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine flour, 1⁄4 cup sugar, and salt in mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment and beat until fully blended.
- Add milk/butter mixture and egg to yeast mixture and gently stir to blend. Slowly add to flour mixture and beat until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface; knead dough for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl that’s either buttered or sprayed with cooking spray, cover loosely, and set in a warm, draft- free spot to rise for about 60 to 75 minutes, or until dough has doubled in size.
- Gently punch dough down and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Fold in the two outer sides of dough to meet in the middle, then fold in the upper and lower sides of dough to meet in the middle, forming the dough into a square shape. Cover loosely and let stand for 10 minutes.
- To prepare cinnamon sugar: while dough is resting, combine brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and mix to blend. Heat butter in microwave-safe measuring cup for 30 to 45 seconds, or until melted. Reserve.
- Grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans with butter or cooking spray.
- With a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a 26x12-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Brush top of dough with melted butter; sprinkle 2/3 of cinnamon sugar blend evenly over dough. Slice dough in half, forming two 13x12-inch halves.
- For each half: fold dough into thirds, forming a 4x12-inch rectangle. Pinch outer edges of dough gently to seal seams. Roll dough out into a 7x13-inch rectangle. Brush top of dough lightly with butter and sprinkle half of remaining cinnamon sugar blend evenly over the top. Starting at long end of dough, roll up jelly roll-style. Place, seam side down, in buttered loaf pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover loaf pans loosely with film wrap; let rise in a warm draft-free place for 1 hour, or until almost doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Cover each loaf pan loosely with aluminum foil during last 20 minutes to prevent over- browning. Remove loaf pans from oven; cool for 5 minute, gently remove bread from loaf pans.
- To prepare vanilla cream cheese spread: combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 tablespoon milk in bowl and whisk until smooth. Add additional milk, as needed, to form a spread-like consistency.
- Serve cinnamon bread warm with cream cheese spread.