You guys have probably been following along with my weight loss journey over the last year, and are well aware that I am seriously struggling right now! When I was under the doctor’s weight loss plan, it was so simple…take the appetite suppressants, eat his approved list of foods, and watch the weight come off. I got so used to eating the right away (healthy, whole foods in small portions) that I even lost an additional six pounds on my own after I stopped seeing him!
And then summer happened…pizza in Italy, gelato in Barcelona, tacos, burritos and cheeseburgers on cruises…I gained back about ten pounds once the summer was over! It’s been such a struggle to lose that weight, and after chatting with some friends the past few weeks, I see that I am not alone in my struggle to lose the summer weight!
There’s a new app available in Google Play called My Diet Coach II – Pro, and there’s a free version and a pro version, which costs $3.99. I wanted to share this with you guys because if you’re anything like me, it can probably do wonders to help you get your weight loss going, or just to keep you on track in maintaining a healthy weight. I’m going to be sharing the features of the My Diet Coach II – Pro app, as the company sponsoring this post gave me a free download to try it out.
This graphic pretty much explains it all – you set up a goal and then keep track of what you eat, how much you exercise, and refer back to this app to monitor your progress and keep yourself on track for your goal weight!
My Diet Coach II – Pro is a diet diary and calorie calculator, but it’s really so much more than that!
Features of The Diet Planner and Calendar
- Personalize your diet plan – define your own meals, exercises, and other events once and reuse them without having to re-enter all the details.
- One diary for exercises, meals and other events…
- Set reminders that will remind you to plan and journal.
- Calories calculator for hundreds of types of exercise and thousands of foods.
- Barcode scanner for US foods
- Planning makes it easy to journal – just check off recurring meals and exercises in the journal diary.
- Expect the unexpected – if you know you suffer from emotional eating, hunger, or mindless eating at certain times – add it to your diary and be prepared.
- Add other weight-loss-related tasks like cooking, finding healthy recipes, drink water, preparing healthy grocery lists, measuring your weight and more…
- Account for everything you eat and do during the day – journal your meals and exercises.
- Calorie calculator for hundreds of types of exercise and thousands of foods (including major fast food chains). New: Search online over 1,000,000 of foods (powered by FatSecret)
- Calorie counter – View calories consumed and burned against your daily calorie goals.
- Integrated reminders to journal your meals and exercises. The timing of the reminders is flexible and can be set up however you like.
- Flexible and easy-to-use.
- Drink water button – track your water consumption
- Take photos of food eaten
You can stay on track with your weight loss plan by keeping a diary of all of your calories consumed and calories burned. That way, you’ll always know exactly where you stand in your plan!
There’s a user-friendly diet planner, meal and exercise journal, calorie counter (even custom reminders for every diary event), challenges tracker, BMI calculator and BMR calculator.
Weight and Body Measurements Tracker
- Record your weight loss progress and body measurements (Neck, waist, hips, upper arm, bust)
- View your weight loss chart and graphs.
- Use your weight chart as a motivational aid – set a reminder that shows your weight chart.
- Weigh in reminder
This is a great app to help you get motivated! There is a motivational photos aid, goal reminder, virtual rewards and tips too! The My Diet Coach II – Pro app is the first one I’ve seen that has motivational photos!
There are tips and reminders for every type of challenge and you can log repetitive difficulties in your diet journal. I love that everything is so detailed – it’s all right there with the date and time!
Of course, you can do basic things like record and view your weight loss progress with the Pro weight chart!
Curb your next food craving with the “food craving panic button”. Short of having someone literally jump out of the app and take the fork away from you, I think this is the best helper an app can provide!
- Easy to use interactive challenges tracker
- Get virtual rewards for “doing the right thing”
- Tips for every type of challenge – tips for weight-loss, health, and fitness.
- Increase your motivation and become more active with extensive diet reminders: Set reminders for your goal, motivational photos, make a healthy grocery list, cook healthy meals, create a diet plan and much more…
- Motivational aids – photos and virtual rewards- will make the app your best diet assistant.
- Create and adjust your weight loss profile.