This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. All opinions are 100% mine. Nationwide provided me with information regarding the policies and coverage.
I love to travel. I’ve been on many trips, and one thing I always use is travel insurance. As an avid traveler, I’m excited to talk about Travel Insurance from Nationwide. That’s right. Nationwide, the insurance company that we see on the television everyday is now offering travel insurance, including cruise insurance!
Nationwide Travel Insurance Protects Against Travel Gremlins
Travel Gremlins are everywhere, and they get into everything. If you haven’t had the pleasure of meeting a Travel Gremlin, you will. Just give it time, they like to show up when you least expect them! Maybe your luggage will be lost. Maybe the airline will know where your luggage is, and it’s in Toronto, while you’re in Barbados. Maybe your cruise will have some sort of port of call change due to weather. Hello, Hurricane season in the Caribbean!Yeah, all of those things have happened to me.
I’ve been on my fair share of trips, and I can tell you that the Travel Gremlins are EVERYWHERE. That’s why I was so excited when I heard about Travel Insurance from Nationwide! I usually purchase travel insurance when I buy my flights, but Travel Insurance from Nationwide makes it so much easier because it’s all encompassing! I’m looking forward to purchasing it in the future.
Nationwide is no fly by night travel insurance company. They’re a huge insurance company that’s been around for as long as I can remember, so I know I can trust them with any issues I may encounter due to the dreaded Travel Gremlins.
The company we know and love is expanding. Nationwide Travel Insurance is here, and it can help protect you, whether you take one trip a year or multiple trips.
- Single Trip Policies: These policies offer trip cancellation, interruption, loss of luggage coverage options for a variety of reasons, and more for one trip.
- Annual and Multi-Trip Plans: These plans cover people that travel frequently. These policies cover all trips taken in a year.
- Cruise Insurance: Cruise Insurance from Nationwide provides coverage for many of the issues that can occur when on a cruise ship.
Cruise Insurance – Yay!
I’m really excited that Nationwide Travel Insurance is now offering protection for travelers on cruises. I love cruises, and I go on them whenever possible. While I love them, there are quite a few things that can go wrong. Remember the Travel Gremlins? Well, they just love to get into everything.
The new cruise insurance from Nationwide Travel Insurance protects against the Travel Gremlins in a number of ways:
- Port of Call Changes: Up to $1,250 per person for itinerary changes made by the cruise line before departure.
- Shipboard Service Disruptions: Up to $250 per person if your cruise ship suffers a mechanical breakdown, fire, virus outbreak, or other covered disruption that causes an itinerary change.
- Pre-Paid Excursion Reimbursement: Up to $1,000 per person for itinerary changes made by the cruise line after cruise departure which cause you to cancel pre-paid, non-refundable excursions.
- Return Home Early: Up to $1,000 per person if you have to abandon your cruise.
- Other benefits: This protection is available for up to 24 months between the deposit and the actual departure date, because cruises can be booked much further in advance than other trips. Certain plans cover cancellation due to a Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warning issued for a port of call as well as cancellations related to an extended school year. After this winter, I think we can all appreciate that!
You Need Travel Insurance
How do I know this? Because I needed it. Remember those Travel Gremlins I talked about? Well, I’ve met them, and they’re not pretty. I encourage you to get travel insurance on your next trip, because you just never know what might happen!
- Legal Notes: Travel insurance plans from Nationwide are available to U.S. residents only. Nationwide’s single trip travel insurance plans, including the cruise travel insurance plans, are available in all 50 states and D.C, The Annual/Multi-Trip plans, however, are not available in WA, OR, NY, NH or FL. Not all plan benefits are available in all states. Specific benefit amounts vary by plan and certain restrictions may apply; please check the specific plan for coverage details before purchasing.