Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray Combo Pack is in now available online and stores nationwide. Yay! Disney sent me a complimentary media screener to watch at home and seriously, as much as I love watching action movies on the big screen in the movie theater, watching them at home is pretty fantastic too! As long as you have a good television set and a Blu-ray player, Thor: The Dark World is every bit as much enjoyable at home as it was in theaters!
Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World” continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s “Thor” and “Marvel’s The Avengers,” Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos…but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. To defeat an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor sets upon his most dangerous and personal journey yet, forced into an alliance with the treacherous Loki to save not only his people and those he loves…but our universe itself.
In a nutshell, Thor: The Dark World had everything its predecessor had: action, adventure, a family dynamic that will make you rethink your own mommy or daddy issues, romance and of course, comedy! I love the Marvel movie franchise because while they are based on comic book superheros, and are totally action-packed, they are funny!
I don’t want to give everything away in case you haven’t seen it yet, but I will touch on a few general points. I was happy to see Thor and Jane reunite, even if it wasn’t under the best of circumstances – what can I say, I was rooting for them to get back together. The special effects were – as I’ve come to expect from Marvel and Disney – astounding! Each action scene was so perfectly done that viewers feel like they are right there in the middle of the chaos, and I may have jumped on more than one occasion!
I did need a refresher course in the back story of Thor’s dimension, as I did not grow up reading comic books. Chris of course knew all about Thor and filled me in – but I have to say, it would have been enjoyable even if he didn’t. I am just one of those people who needs to know every minute detail because I am curious!
One of my favorite parts of Thor: The Dark World was a little cameo appearance by Captain America. You’ll see what I am talking about when you see the movie, but it totally caught me off guard and I wasn’t expecting it at all! I love the way Marvel involves the different characters in their movies, it creates a fantastic continuity!
I am so happy to have been able to see Thor again – and now I can’t wait for Marvel’s The Avengers 2 so that I can see him – and all of my other favorite Marvel superheros – again!
Cast: Chris Hemsworth (Marvel’s Thor, Marvel’s The Avengers, Snow White and the Huntsman) as Thor, Natalie Portman (Marvel’s Thor, Black Swan, Star Wars Episodes I-III) as Jane Foster, Tom Hiddleston (Marvel’s Thor, Marvel’s The Avengers, War Horse) as Loki and Anthony Hopkins (Marvel’s Thor, Silence of the Lambs, Nixon) as Odin.
Director: Alan Taylor (TV’s Game of Thrones, TV’s The Sopranos, TV’s Mad Men)
Screenplay: Christopher L. Yost (TV’s Wolverine and the X-Men, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and Christopher Markus (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe) & Stephen McFeely (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe)
Story by: Don Payne and Robert Rodat
Producer: Kevin Feige, p.g.a. (Marvel’s The Avengers, Marvel’s Iron Man Franchise)
Executive Producers: Louis D’Esposito (Basic instinct, Marvel’s Iron Man, Marvel’s The Avengers), Victoria Alonso (Marvel’s Iron Man, Marvel’s The Avengers, Big Fish), Craig Kyle (Marvel’s Thor, X-Men: Evolution, Ultimate Avengers, Iron Man: Armored Adventures), Alan Fine (Marvel’s The Avengers, Marvel’s Iron Man, Marvel’s Thor), Nigel Gostelow (Batman Begins, The Bourne Ultimatum, The Da Vinci Code), Stan Lee (Marvel’s Iron Man, Spider-Man, Marvel’s Thor)
- Never-Before-Seen Extended and Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Exclusive Look – Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Get an exclusive first look at the latest installment in the Captain America franchise and it’s incredible cast of characters, including Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow, Samuel L. Jackson as Director Nick Fury, Chris Evans, our hero Steve Rogers, his new ally Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon played by Anthony Mackie, and a mysterious enemy from the past…the Winter Soldier played by Sebastian Stan.
- A Brothers’ Journey: Thor & Loki
- In this 30min featurette go behind the scenes with filmmakers and cast as we explore two of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Universe with stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor) & Tom Hiddleston (Loki), and journey through the key moments that have defined and endeared these characters to audiences around the world.
- Scoring Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World with Brian Tyler
- Go behind the scenes with the filmmakers and acclaimed composer Brian Tyler for a look at the creation of the movie’s stunning original score.
- Audio Commentary with Director Alan Taylor, Producer Kevin Feige, Actor Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and Cinematographer Kramer Morgenthau
- And More…
Feature Run Time: 1 hrs. 51 min. 53 seconds
Here is a clip from a new deleted scene from Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, one of two new deleted scenes now available exclusively on Disney Movies Anywhere! If you haven’t check it out yet, what are you waiting for?
Updated weekly, the ‘Discover’ section of Disney Movies Anywhere features never-before-seen and exclusive content, available at no charge for members. Including first looks at new films, behind-the scenes vignettes, music videos, classic shorts from the Disney Archives, and much more.