Today is going to be a pretty big day. My husband arrives from his most recent work trip and...
MY IN-LAWS ARE COMING TO VISIT FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK!
Not of spending a week with them...but of making their trip completely and utterly fabulous! I like to think of myself as the hostess with the most-est, so having out of town guests for an entire week is really freaking me out. How will I keep them entertained all week?
I've been so stressed out all week that I've gotten a nasty fever blister on my nose. Yeah, that's going to look great in all of the pictures we take for the next week.
I've been racking my brain coming up with a menu plan for the week (yes, I'll be trying a ton of recipes I found on Pinterest!), steam cleaning our bedroom carpets, scouring Groupon and Living Social for deals on activities, bleaching the bathroom tiles, making dinner reservations, organizing a family dinner so that my parents can meet his parents, washing the baseboards...
And planning our activities.
I like activities. I am hoping that they like the same kind of activities that I like.
So far, I've planned:
- Everglades Alligator Farm and an air boat ride
- Grabbing milkshakes at the famous Robert is Here fruit stand
- Going to a screening of the John Carter movie on South Beach
- Family dinner with my parents, sisters, cousins, etc
- Dinner at an upscale seafood restaurant downtown
- 2 day trip to Key West
- Sunset Cruise in Key West
- Little White House museum in Key West
- Ernest Hemingway Museum in Key West
- A day at the Monkey Jungle
I probably won't be around much next week, except for on Twitter (because I do through withdraw if I'm off Twitter for more than a few hours)...when I come back, expect a ton of posts about all of the fun stuff we did!