I am simply in love with dresses – I think I’ve always been that way! They make for easy dressing – just throw on a dress, cute shoes, a bag and you’re done! Of course you can add accessories, but it’s still much simpler than picking out coordinating tops and bottoms. They’re also so cool – I could never wear jeans during the sweltering summers in Miami. I live in sundresses from April to October. During the “winter” I tend to wear a lot of jeans, henlys, sweaters and boots!
I have a ton of dresses…two closets full, in fact. And I may have some more in tupperware bins under the bed in the spare bedroom. Of course I am always adding new dresses to the summer line up. This summer, I bought two new strapless sundresses from TJ Maxx and Marshalls for $16.99 each and I’ve already received a ton of compliments on them. I love them!
I can’t recommend TJ Maxx and Marshalls enough to my gal pals! I find so many great bargains there, from designer handbags, to cute dresses, to glamorous, vintage-inspired bathing suits. TJ Maxx has such a great product selection that my husband has actually began shopping there on his own for work and casual clothes!
I’ve had a few friends tell met that they don’t shop at stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls because it’s too hard to find anything…to that, I say “get real!” It just takes a little patience!
Here are some tips that should make your shopping experience at TJ Maxx or Marshalls fun and stress-free!
1. Get to know your store’s layout! Once you figure out how to navigate the store, you won’t have any issues finding exactly what you’re looking for! For instance, at my local TJ Maxx, I know the shoes are to my left and that ladie’s section is directly to the right of the shoes. I hit one, then the other – and then I mosey on over to the housewares because they have an insane gourmet food selection!
2. Not sure where to start? They usually have special displays at the entrance to the store with their hottest items. Check them out and then go from there!
3. Shop often! TJ Maxx and Marshalls both receive new shipments every week – with over 10,000 new items in each shipment! I can go to either store two or three times in a month and see totally different items. So, if you see something you like, snatch it up before it’s gone! With the incredibly low prices that TJ Maxx and Marshalls offer, pieces disappear off the shelves quickly!
4. Look for the purple tags! The purple tags mean that the item came from an elite department store, and you are sure to get the item at an extreme discount!
5. Last but not least, make friends with your store manager! I chat up my manager whenever she is in, and she always tells me when they are expecting shipments of things I ask her about – like Coach shoes!
I hope these tips help you make your TJ Maxx or Marshalls shopping trips more fun and fruitful!