Did you watch the ball drop last night in Times Square? While we were at a New Year’s Eve party, we had the television on and counted down with the hosts for that magical stroke of midnight! While we were all busy kissing and hugging our friends, the good people of Times Square were collecting their things and heading home…leaving behind quite a bit of a mess to be cleaned up! Luckily, Mr. Clean stepped up to help in the massive New York City Department of Sanitation and Times Square Alliance cleanup of Times Square. After all, the world’s biggest New Year’s Eve celebration leaves behind the world’s biggest New Year’s Eve mess!
Each year, the DSNY completes the heavy clean-up of Times Square in record time. This year, Mr. Clean will provide the finishing sparkle to Duffy Square’s famous Red Steps with Mr. Clean® Liquid Muscle™, a new multi-purpose concentrated cleaning gel that delivers 2.5x more power in every drop.
“I’m eager to help the Mr. Clean team on New Year’s Day and show just what one drop of Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle can do,” said Edelman. “If Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle can help clean Times Square on New Year’s Day, imagine what it can do in your home.”
Mr. Clean chimed in as well. “I’m excited to be a part of the New Year’s Eve celebration at Times Square,” he said. “It’s combining two of my favorite things: parties, and cleaning up after parties. Plus, not only do I get to try out my new Liquid Muscle on one of the toughest tests imaginable, I also get a chance to visit Broome Street in Lower Manhattan. I hope it’s exactly what it sounds like.”
The new Mr. Clean® Liquid Muscle™ has 2.5 times more power in every drop vs. Mr. Clean 40oz. With its new auto-stop cap feature, Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle delivers the right amount of cleaning gel with one squeeze – free of mess. It penetrates dirt, fights grease and lifts stains with less going to waste. Just apply Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle directly for quick and easy removal of tough stains from hard surfaces such as: tables, counter tops, sinks, stoves and floors! Just dilute Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle in water for more general floor and surface cleaning, with no need for rinsing. The unique auto-stop cap delivers the right amount, every time.
Edelman, along with “The Mr. Clean Team,” was on-site in Times Square today from 4am-12pm and is sharing ten tips and tricks on Cleaning Up Your New Year’s messes at home!
10 Tips to Save Time, Money and Your Sanity in 2014
1. Tackle high traffic zones first! Divide your home into MUST DO and CAN DO LATER zones. The must do’s are bathrooms, kitchen and bedrooms which are bacteria, allergy (dust mites) and germ magnets AND should be cleaned regularly. Can do later zones are areas such as family rooms, guest bedrooms, and hallways.
2. Maintain your sanity, start small! As Oscar Wilde said “Man (and woman!) was made for something better then disturbing dirt.” So put cleaning your home in perspective and don’t allow yourself to get overwhelmed. Start with the smallest room in your home, and work your way to the largest room in order to streamline your cleaning process.
3. Spread out chores that bore! Once you’ve tidied up, make a weekly TAH–DO LIST (as in The Accidental Housewife!) to keep rooms clean enough. If you follow up on little cleaning projects each week, you’ll be able to maintain a healthy and squeaky clean home, and manicures, all year long.
4. Blend chores that bore into everyday activities! Housework can be boring, so staying focused while doing it can be a chore. ‘Blend’ i.e. ‘work’ tasks into everyday activities and routines. Next time you’re chatting on the phone with your BF or mom, chat while cleaning countertops, door handles and sinks.
5. Save your NRG! Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle can handle anything, especially if it can clean up Times Square after New Year’s Eve!Save your elbow grease and simply squirt a drop of the powerful new formula onto countertops, appliances and more to clean up after your own New Year’s Eve party.
6. Streamline your cleaning tools with multi-taskers! There’s no need to have countless cleaning products clogging cabinets. Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle can be used directly on tough dirt or used as a dilute to handle big or small messes on hard surfaces such as tables, countertops, sinks, stoves and even floors.
7. Take the guess work out of “How Much?” Thanks to its innovative one-dose cap, Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle delivers the perfect amount of cleaning gel with every squeeze – that can be applied directly to surfaces or diluted in water as a cleaning solution. Similar to tasks like dishwashing and laundry, buy single, pre-measured packets. This will certainly help you prevent wasting product and in the end, also save you money!
8. Dance with dust bunnies! No one said that you have to make cleaning a chore, so put on those headphones or crank up the music and dance with your vacuum as you suck up those dust bunnies or wash your floor! It will also turn your cleaning routines into a workout, so you’ll be multi-tasking once again—cleaning and toning your bod!
9. Enlist pint-sized helpers! If you have young kids, they are perfect for helping with kid-friendly home-keeping chores like vacuuming and laundry. If you don’t have any children, I’m sure friends and family who do will be happy to lend out theirs so they can enjoy an hour or two of free time!
10. Give yourself an i.O.Me! Don’t wait for your birthday or Mother’s Day. Give yourself a ‘me day’ or at least a few ‘me’ hours. You’ll be amazed how it will give you a new perspective on that next load of laundry waiting for you!
To follow the clean-up action in Times Square on January 1, join the conversation on Twitter at#NewYearsClean.