Do you need a super fun, interactive fairy tale storybook to bedtime a little easier for your little ones?
I’m loving this new 3D animation fairy tale story book app, Pilo1: The Pillow Fairy book, available for download from iTunes!
The Pilo1: The Pillow Fairy book starts off with little Tommy crying because he doesn’t want to to go sleep, and his mom and dad trying to figure out how to get him to go to bed on time. His dad goes down into the basement and digs through storage boxes for an old present that his dad gave him when he was Tommy’s age and didn’t like to go to bed.
You begin interacting with the game at that point, helping Tommy find the special box with his present in it – and then help him open it with a swipe of your finger. It’s so cute!
When Tommy opens the box, he finds a cool little pillow animal, and he’s actually disappointed because it’s just a pillow doll.
But…as Tommy lays there complaining that he doesn’t want to go to sleep, the pillow doll springs to life and says “ME TOO!” Poor Tommy is terrified but the pillow doll is actually really nice and fun!
At this point, you help pillow doll try to find Tommy by swiping the touch screen and moving objects in the room. It’s a great way for the kids to interact with the story and have fun at the same time!
One of the best features I think is that you can actually choose which gender is in the story – Tommy the boy, or Sunny the girl!
You can download Pilo1: The Pillow Fairy book or the other books in the series via iTunes – I recommend starting with Pilo1, as that is where the story begins.
Here is a basic run down of the entire Pilo story:
- Seeking the Pilo box (interaction of seeking the box containing Pilo by moving boxes)
- Situational interaction (As the tussling main characters fall backward, the door to the dream world is broken into pieces.)
- Seeking a hidden Tommy (interaction of seeking a hidden Tommy by moving things in the room)
- Decorating a dream tree (interaction of seeking funny things hidden in the dream tree)
- Seeing the dream world (The screen can be rotated 360 degrees by touching.)
- Seeking and growing a dream tree (interaction of growing a little sprout into a wonderful dream tree by touching)
Tommy’s whole attitude about bedtime changed once he had Pilo as his bedtime companion.
I think that any little one who doesn’t like bedtime will be able to identify with Tommy and Sunny and hopefully begin to understand who magical and fun bedtime can be with a little imagination!
You can find the Pilo1: The Pillow Fairy series of apps in the books category here on iTunes, and there are free apps as well as more advanced apps with a fee.
While I was compensated for sharing this app with you, all opinions are my own!