More people cheat than what the general perception is. It is likely that your partner may be cheating on you or contemplating it without you even knowing about it. Studies show that most partners are likely to cheat at one or the other point during a relationship. Even the most committed partners are capable of cheating. Since everyone faces this risk, you should know what to do to prevent your partner from cheating on you.
1. Avoid Assumption
Instead of assuming that your partner has the same thoughts about cheating as you, you should make things clear from the beginning. Just because you don’t object to your spouse playful flirting, it should not be taken as a freehand from you to go cheat. You don’t want to be in a situation where you have to catch a cheating spouse in the future.
- Make sure to be clear from the beginning about what your views are about cheating and what actually constitutes it
- Setting limitations can also help in preventing emotional affairs that may further have led to cheating
- Without setting parameters, one partner may assume that flirting is fine in your relationship but the other may not see it that way
2. Create Agreements
As already mentioned, you should create agreements and set the limits on what is acceptable and what is not. This should be done from the very beginning. And these agreements may also need to be renewed from time to time. Make sure to create clear agreements that cover the following:
- How should each other’s advances be handled?
- What information is essential to be shared?
- How quickly you both should share your flirty experiences with each other?
- Define clearly to each other what is considered as cheating in your relationship
Your partner may think that it is alright for you to go out and dance with friends. That is an assumption on their part but you should make your thoughts clear on it.
3. Nurture Your Relationship
One of the tenets of preventing cheating is to nurture and grow your relationship. In other words, you should be making it impossible for your partner to think of anyone else. So what does this entitle?
- Start doing things together that help both of you to grow together
- The activities can include reading books, gardening, and attending events, to name a few
- Remember that both you and your partner will change as you age
- You cannot just do the ordinary and expect your relationship to last
- Your partner is going to change in terms of his or her preferences, thoughts, desires, and ideas
Spending time together can help you both discover new things about each other and fall more in love.
There are many more steps you can take to prevent your partner from falling for someone else.
- Understand your spouse to be able to deal better with them
- Appreciate your partner from time to time. Let them know that they are special and they matter to you
- Even if it is difficult for you, try to be romantic at times. Overdoing it will not cause any harm
So follow all these tips to prevent your partner from cheating on you.