I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #RicolaCrowd #SwissHerbs
Aw, the summer solstice! If you aren’t familiar with the nitty gritty details of the calendar, you may not realize that June 21st was the Summer Solstice – the longest day of the year! I love summertime, as I am sure that you guys are all well aware. Sunshine, beach time, it all makes me so happy, even though the temperature can reach 100 degrees on some summer days in Miami. Honestly? It doesn’t bother me that much because I just LOVE THE SUNSHINE. The smiling sun face emoji is one of my most-used emojis, I love it that much! I try to get outdoors as much as possible during the summer, because the possibilities of outdoor fun are just limitless!
Wellbeing is the state of being comfortable, happy and healthy. The sunshine always helps me feel happy and healthy, but unfortunately, it’s not a cure-all, and I do sometimes get sick during those glorious summer months. Being sick during my favorite time of the year? That is NOT GOOD. I do everything I can to avoid catching a case of the sickies, but when I do, I make sure to get plenty of rest and take care of myself. I make sure to always have Ricola Original Drops on hand; those bad boys always help soothe my throat and help me get through my day.
You know, so I can go do fun stuff, like pose for silly photos while traveling…
Ricola has been around for YEARS and there’s a reason why they’re so popular! They’re awesome! That blend of Magic 10 Herbs works wonders for me, and I make sure to always have them on hand for two reasons…one is for those unfortunate times when I catch a cold, and the other is to hand them out to people who are sick around me! I love paying it forward, even if it’s just in the form of a Ricola Original Drop.
Ricola’s “Magic 10″ Herbs
- Lemon Balm ~ It has a restorative, energising and cheering effect, and in the language of flowers it brings “harmony with the divine message, to dispel fears of the future”.
- Horehound ~ Horehound activates the immune system, eliminating foreign matter and protecting the respiratory tracts from dust particles.
- Elder ~ Elder promotes perspiration, helping counteract fever, stimulating bronchial secretion and is an immunotherapeutic agent.
- Peppermint ~ Peppermint has a cooling or anti-inflammatory effect and stimulates the circulation. It is an effective treatment against bacterial infectious agents due to its rapid cleansing action.
- Mallow ~ Mallow helps alleviate mucous membrane irritations in the mouth and throat, dry and irritable coughs, gastrointestinal and stomach complaints.
- Sage ~ Sage’s essential oil has a cleansing action against bacterial infection agents in the mouth and throat. Its tannins prevent overproduction of perspiration and its bitters strengthen the digestive tract, also helping prevent bad breath.
- Thyme ~ Thymol, the main component of Thyme, is regarded as a very effective disinfectant.
- Lime Flowers ~ Lime flower blossoms drive fevery heat out of the body by promoting sweating, clear the respiratory tract and make the voice clear and bright. They relieve irritable coughs and soothe inflamed frontal and maxillary sinuses when inhaled.
- Hyssop ~ Hyssop has a beneficial effect on the chest area, relieving chronic irritable coughs and working as an expectorant. It also reduces inflammation that makes breathing difficult
- Wild Thyme ~Wild thyme revitalizes by driving colds and hardened mucus out of the bronchioles, seals the mucus membranes for a long time, gently strengthens the stomach and intestines and increases blood flow in the pelvis.
Along with those listed, Chrüterchraft – a natural herb found only in Ricola products from Switzerland – is used. Be sure to visit Ricola.com to take an interactive journey to learn more about Chrüterchraft!
What do you do to celebrate the summer months? If you’re anywhere near the ocean, I highly recommend taking the family to the beach…there’s no better way to enjoy these glorious months than by soaking up some Vitamin Sea!
You can learn more about Ricola® Swiss Herbs here, and don’t forget to follow along on social media!